Application Declined VenD's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by VenD, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenD

VenD Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: VenD ⇋HG⇌
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:80453117
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121171963
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/7892091
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198121171963

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    around 50

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    CST

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?
    I have previous admin experience in lots of games and lots of servers. These games include:

Note: When I put the position in "()" that means that was a specific server I was that position on. So if i have (for example) (dark rp admin) then (dark rp moderator) this does not mean I was an admin and moderator on the same server. This means that I was an admin on one server, and a moderator on another.

Garry's Mod (Dark RP Admin) (Dark RP Moderator)
    Arma 2 OA (Takistan Life Moderator)
    Minecraft (Survival Admin) (Survival Moderator) (Server Owner)
    Arma 3 (DJG Stratis Life Moderator)
    TF2 (Server Moderator)

Second Note: Most of these positions I am not active in anymore. Trying to handle all these positions would be practically impossible. Which is why I left my TF2 Moderator slot in another server in hopes to join this one.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    I think that I can bring allot to the playing field on HG trade servers. I feel that I can excel at making sure that everyone has an enjoyable time on HG servers. From offense like sentry camping (always gets annoying) And to large ones like someone claiming that someone else is a scammer. I could keep calm when handling the situation and make sure that the mishap became under control.

I also have a very fast typing speed:[​IMG]
    I don't know exactly what this could bring to the field. But it is something that I have and I am glad that I do.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I think I would make a good staff member because I could help keep the peace in the servers. And make sure that everyone online has no regrets of taking the time to connect and enjoy what is HG servers. I could also be a good staff member because I would help enforce the rules weather the rule breaker is someone I do not know. Or a friend. If they broke the rules, they have to face the consequences.

I believe that I can make a impact on the community by helping out users that need help. Banning or kicking users so that users can be clear of scammers but at the same time not be banned if they happen to be innocent.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    I can more than likely spend 4 hours at least on the servers. (Per Day)

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    They are very calm and collected when dealing with people that tend to be very annoying. You don't see a moderator go on a rant in all caps on screaming into the microphone because a fellow player is a bit annoying. That is why I like HG staff members.

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    I think that the only thing that they could improve on (moderators mostly) is to use their misc more often if they have them. If a moderator try's to calm down a mic spammer with text it isn't going to do much good. Then an admin steps in with a microphone and the situation takes care of itself. Otherwise everyone is great.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    I want to be a member of the staff so that I can help the community out. It isn't lacking anything. Or not good. I just want to make it stronger than it already is. I want to enforce the rules. Middle man so that people can have a fair and trustworthy crab or heavy boxing. And all and all make all-trade servers an enjoyable experience for everyone on.

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    I am ready to act as a middle man if required. I can be trusted and am ready to act if needed.

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?
    I do not have a rep thread. All my rep is in my steam profile. Although recently I have been asking people to make +rep in my backpack.tf profile. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198121171963

Special Notes
    Thanks for reading my post. Please take every bit of information I put into it into consideration. I have worked hard on this post and am exited to get the chance to write this application.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    No extra information Is needed I don't think. Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Normally, I'd just deny this application as you omitted an important piece, however, in general it appears as you put a decent amount of thought into this.

So, go read the Server Staff read me for the All-Trade staff, and post what you're missing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VenD

VenD Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I dont think I can actually edit the raw first post. So i am just going to improvise here:

Second Special Notes:

I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Hasn't been online in over a month, moving to Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice