Application Declined The Derpy Salesman's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Matonic, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matonic

Matonic Notably Active

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: The Derpy Salesman ⇋HG⇌
    | steam3ID: [U:1:81826914]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:40913457
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042092642
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Whiseone
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198042092642

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    221 hours

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    CST

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    I think I would enjoy hosting events, and when other staff isn't on, or don't want to, I can host events. I always loved the warm, great environment that Harpoon gives off. I believe I would add more to this. I believe I would be an enjoyable mod, while still being stern in the fact of making people follow the rules

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I believe I would be a good staff member because I absolutely love Harpoon, and TF2 alike. I love being on, and just getting to know new people all the time. I don't really enjoy pubs, so I can basically be on Harpoon all the time. I've been very friendly to all the staff, and some of them have actually encouraged me to apply again.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    On weekdays, anywhere from 3-6 hours. On weekends, usually about 6-8 hours

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    The current staff is always friendly to anyone on the servers. Especially new ones. I've noticed that whenever a server doesn't have that many people on, a staff member is always ready to help get it up. I've noticed this a lot with Perp particularly. I love the way they make Harpoon feel like a home, especially for the regulars. I think they are doing a fantastic job being staff members in general!

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    I think the staff and Harpoon could improve on there being more than one admin on at a time. IU know this isn't Harpoon's fault, but this is pointed more towards admins. Sometimes, If I'm in AT1, or AT2 and I ask an admin to help get a server up, they cant because they are the only staff on at that moment. Also, sometimes an admin just doesn't feel the need to reply to a question, or fix a situation. A few admins let situations go on a bit to long, and it escalates.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    I want to be a member of the staff because I want to be part of the whole Harpoon feeling like a home thing. When I think of Harpoon, I think of a great, friendly server that accepts anyone who follows the rules. When I first joined, my first favorite admin was Adrian. He was nice to me, and was who kept me coming back. I want to be able to do the things current admins/mods are doing, in the fact of making people feel better when they're down, or just kind things like that.

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    Yes

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?

Special Notes:
    I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    I'm very uncomfortable with my voice, although I am attempting to be much more active with it.

Sometimes Mumble crashes and I just cant get it back up.

Oh, and I have to buy a new mic. Current one is being held together by clothespins.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matonic

Matonic Notably Active

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    EDIT: I actually have 300 hours logged. Forgot to add AT2 :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice