Declined [TF2 Scammer Tag Appeal]: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101743654 "Breezy"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Brxxzu, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    | steamname: Brxxzu
    | steam3ID: [U:1:141477926]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:70738963
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101743654
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/breezegaming
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198101743654

Description
    To start off with this appeal, I will say nothing else but honest remarks.

I have been banned from SteamRep by Harpoon Gaming for making a fake reputation discussion. I only decided to do it because, being a little bit OCD of my profile, wanted to make it perfect. I wanted exactly 25 pages of reputation, after having approximately 15-18 legitimate pages. Other people on groups, i.e Fnatic's public group, had a discussion, claiming they had a giveaway. They told the readers to place a +rep on their profile, and they have a chance to "win" an expensive item. After, they told the readers the comment "Done!" on the thread, to bump it. I noticed this when I did it myself, and I found it very clever. Not knowing I could be banned, nor knowing how "scammy" it looked on me, I did not intend any vicious intent. I simply wanted to make my profile neater. I have said this on my TF2OP appeal. As far as I remember, I put this in 2-4 groups. I can certainly say that one of these was a group called =CATS= and one was a "Razer software" related one, plus the one on Eoj's screenshot provided within my ban. I can't find the groups that I posted it on, but I have tried to. I have got rid of all the text on one of my discussions and searching for my other discussions I made to get rid of them. I am truly sorry for any inconvinence. I had no scamming intent of doing this. I hope deleting my discussions will help me get my appeal accepted, as I am still finding them. I solemnly swear that I will not pull off something like this again. Seeing this from someone else's perspective, I see that I am a simple scammer trying to get reputation to find paypal scams, but this isn't the case. I always try to stay away from paypal trades because of this. I really hope you consider this appeal, and I will answer any questions you have. I am willing to do anything to clear my name from this.

Thanks,
    from Breezy.

Please provide any and all evidence

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    As stated above, I did not mean any bad intent to happen.

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have checked all the groups I have recently been on. I have lightly scanned, and I have not seen anymore of my fake reputation threads. I am slightly certain there is one left and I am currently finding it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Bump

4. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Bump

5. Top Kekleon

Top Kekleon Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Don't !

6. Top Kekleon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    And you didn't mention anything about the 100 pounds giftcard ... did you give it to winner ? Did you cancel the giveaway after you got marked (unfair for all the participants)? Or was it fake ? Because imao nobody would spend 100 pounds on profile +reps [ that was not a giveaway,it was an obvious scam]

7. Top Kekleon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ^ and that's the scamming intend

8. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'll split this to answer all your questions.

1) I didn't know I wasn't aloud to bump, but I was really hoping to trade some knives I got (estatic to get them! :D)
    2) I didn't think it was necessary to say anything about the £100 giftcard because it was already in Eoj's screenshot.
    3) The whole giveaway thing WAS fake. Like I've said, I wanted to neaten up my profile and most people in popular CS:GO groups do it (especially the Titan one.)
    4) Yes, I did go in the groups I recall putting it in. Most of it was deleted. The ones I could find I got rid of ALL the text, since I didn't have permissions to actually delete the thread itself.
    5) It wasn't a scam. It was a trick. No (virtual) items were involved.

I had little time to explain, but if you have anymore questions I will answer.

9. Top Kekleon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    In my opinion...it was a scam.You know very well that you can't giveaway something that you don't own and you also know that these type of giveaways are not 100% because you're asking for something like inviting all your friends to a group= a slot.There were victims (the participants).I'm not sure if you can refund them in some way (probably only by finishing the giveaway but the prize can't be the giftcard because it's not accepted ) and to be honest,I'm not sure if this type of offense can be appealed.Have fun!

10. Top Kekleon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    100% free* ^

11. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It isn't a scam. You probably define scamming as something that is a trick. Since I know this is the case, you will think sharking would be the same as scamming with your mindset. Sharking is often like lowballing or something like that. Scamming is when something is stolen. Nothing was stolen in this situation. I'll ask for questions, but you don't actually seem to have questions that I havn't answered already. I'll wait till the owner comes on, backseat moderating irritates me a little.

12. Top Kekleon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Scamming is basically breaking a trade related agreement and sharking is making somone think that his items are worthless.There are a lot of scams nowdays,fake giveaways and soliciting fake rep are as I said above counting as scams.

13. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Fake rep is considered scamming. By using this "trick" you are making yourself look more trustworthy or reputable than you actually are. Regardless of wether you believe it is considered a scam, fake rep is a markable offense on SteamRep.

From SteamRep's FAQ page:

14. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Personally, my opinion was that it wasn't considered a scam, just plainly because nothing was stolen or no virtual items were involved.

15. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Not to be irritating or seem impatient, but it's been more than a month now and it's still pending. Is there anyone to discuss this with?

16. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You attempted to garner fake rep from multiple sources and you lied about compensation for those requests. I don't believe it would be in the best interest of the community to remove your tag.

Appeal Declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice