Application Declined iTrade ™'s All-Trade, Unusual Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by iTrade ™, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: iTrade ™
    | steam3ID: [U:1:109293432]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:54646716
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069559160
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/itrade110
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198069559160

For which server do you wish to be staff?
    All-Trade, Unusual

What position are you applying for?
    Administrator

How many hours do you have in our servers?
    5 days; 19 hours

Please provide the URL to your GameMe page with the highest hours (OPTIONAL)
    http://stats.harpoongaming.com/playerinfo/469183

How old are you?

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I have a mic and I use it frequently on the servers.

Do you have any previous experience, if so, when and where?
    No.

What ideas or skill can you provide for the benefit of HG?
    1. I spycrab regularly and am familiar with the plugin and so I could offer myself as a middleman for those who wager more than 1 key.

2. I'd also like to contribute at filing reports on SteamRep, in particular for spycrab-scammers, because I believe Harpoon could reply to some reports faster (e.g. on the SteamRep forums, a report usually gets accepted if there is evidence in a matter of days.)

3. I'd also be willing to dedicate some time to populate the Unusual Trading Server which is most of the time empt.y

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I am an active user on the trade serves.

In general, I observe a situation before making a judgment call and I believe that this is a crucial skill for an admin. I already know how to file reports for scammers and I learn quickly.

How much time do you think you can spend on forums/servers per day?
    Depends on the day. I'm a university student in a Master's program and on somedays I have more time than on others. Also during exams I have less time than usual.

What do you think the current All-Trade staff are doing right?
    Harpoon has some of the friendliest and most competent admins I've met on TF2 communities. When there is a problem, there is often an admin around that can help.

What do you think the All-Trade Staff, or Harpoon in general, could work on at this point in time?
    1. Scammer-reports should be reviewed much faster. Some reports remain unanswered for weeks/months. During that time, a scammer can continue to exploit users because he is not tagged on SteamRep. Therefore, I believe the reports must be reviewed faster than they currently are.

Why do you want to become a member of the HG All-Trade team?
    I'd like to help the All-trade team with reports, with populating the unusual trade server and with any problems that happen on the servers.

I often noticed that no admin joins the server after someone, me included, has used the !calladmin command. More admins make it more likely that an admin is available when a user is in need of one.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    No, but feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    Hello @iTrade ™,

Your application is now under review.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    Hello @iTrade ™,

Unfortunately we will decline your app since we feel like you have a tendency to tell staff members what to do or not as well as you have to work on your behavior against staff/regulars but we do admire your enthusiasm to become staff. Whenever you feel like you have fixed this, feel free to reapply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice