TF2 Becoming a known reputable broker!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Muu ♡†, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Muu ♡†

Muu ♡† Mildly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +10 / 2
    Hello to Harpoon Gaming and the community! My name is Muu.

Many of you might have heard of me although I have recently came back to HG after going through personal life, etc and being away for quite some time. I am so glad to be back to continue to join the trade servers and help people with trading advice. However I have had some difficulty being a broker and the typical stereotypical thinking of brokering from other traders when I bring up the topic of wanting to broker for other traders on the servers.

Brokering or someone that is a broker means this person sells and/or trades someone else's item(s) on behalf of them in exchange for backpack trust ratings (and even a small fee associated to selling people's item(s) for them). Many of us associate brokering with scamming and disappointingly it is true statement when referencing some situations like Merp who was caught scamming through the use of a brokering scheme.

Although there are cruel people who create scam situations like these that have happened in the past, it is hard to trust anyone who brokers. Not all brokers are out to scam however. This is where I see a problem for those that actually do not have the intention to scam as I speak for myself and anyone else that has the same mature mentality as I do. I want to be able to help those not get scammed as I myself have been scammed very recently with the same system.

You may be asking what is the reason to post such a thread on the Harpoon Gaming forums? Well here is the answer...

Today about a few hours ago from writing this thread, I asked Joe personally if there was a way to make myself known to gain the actual trust of others by using him (and Harpoon Gaming) as a support to back me up for my brokering services I legitimately provide. Having a well established community and staff who are partnered with SteamRep who actually supports you does say a lot about a person. Joe's response to my curiosity of this idea led him to say basically, I would need to prove myself by posting previous brokering trades and proof of such to HG's forums in order to gain the exposure and trust I must earn in order for Joe and anyone else associated to him to reference myself as a reputable and trusted broker.

A metaphor is where you can be an admin on any other community but the reason why it is better to be a staff member on Harpoon is because of the association that the Harpoon Gaming team has with SteamRep. Staff members have a green shield to further support them as a person compared to all other admins of other Team Fortress 2 communities. Backpack trust ratings are not necessarily good to use when distinguishing if a user is trustworthy regarding brokering.

The HG team has no issue with myself posting brokering trade binds on the trading servers as I have mentioned this to them on multiple occasions beforehand. With all of this stated, I am graciously asking for everyone's support when it comes to myself brokering and providing trading advice for others to enhance the trading community in addition to brokers that do have a good heart like myself. I am striving to achieve to be a broker and trader that has a large and intelligent support group and to be known as the best of the best in this brokering category.

Attached to the thread are full screenshots to prove such reasoning as to why Team Fortress 2 traders should trust me to broker their items and showing my most trusted brokering experiences. The first one is where I helped the user Mr. Piggy sell their Circling Heart Headwarmer of which was worth 650 keys at the time of brokering it. I received many keys and a Circling Heart Modest Pile of Hats from the buyer of the Headwarmer. Once I received the items from the buyer, I sent every single key and the modest to Mr. Piggy and in return he gave me a gift which was a Tesla Coil Sammy Cap. The following images show a second instance when I was actually trading my Tesla Coil Hong Kong Cone for keys with the user Blu Lite. At the time Blu Lite did not have the required amount of keys I was asking for so, I was holding onto Blu Lite's Purple Energy Hat With No Name until he was able to get all the keys I was asking for. I gave Lite his unusual Purple Energy Hat With No Name back at the same time I received my keys. These are just two of many instances that prove I am a well off and trusted broker who is not out to scam others as I have stated, I do know what being scammed is like. I do not condone it and do not intend to do so to others. You can find my trust ratings posted here at my profile: https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198039834209

Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy but detailed thread.
    Best Regards, Muu

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Muu ♡†, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Just wanted to pop in here and clarify some things. Firstly, Harpoon doesn't have any official brokers, we do have official middlemen (who are/would be staff), and obviously admins.

In regard to posting on the forums, and garnering reputation, I meant that you should post here, and create a rep thread: https://forum.harpoongaming.com/forums/rep-threads/ . As Harpoon has guidelines on what constitutes reputation, and therefore it would help you build trust among the community.

Lastly, I'm hesitant to recommend any particular service or individual, I'm a big believer that individuals should research and review things for themselves. I suggest working towards building a reputation that others can review and feel confident in. Ultimately, the best way to be trusted, is to act in a manner that fosters that trust. Whether this be working hard to build a reputation, acting in a reputable manner, and avoiding any situations that would make others doubt you.

I'd suggest working towards building up trust and making sure you're getting quality rep posts, rather than trying to rush low effort rep posts. Trying to rush to a good reputation throws a red flag far more than any other action. A good reputation is built over time, not overnight

On a side note, rep posts should only be made in a situation where trust was required or where there was a potential for one of the users to defraud the other.

More info here:
    https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/how-to-post-reputation-in-a-rep-thread.30101/
    https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/reputation-threads-faq.30104/

P.S. Work towards becoming better known with others and such, it does raise some eyebrows when someone suddenly reenters the community and immediately wants to broker.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Muu ♡†

Muu ♡† Mildly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +10 / 2
    Never had time yet to post the rep thread until today. Thank you again Joe.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice