Application Declined ✪ Oste-Fyr's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by ✪ Oste-Fyr, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✪ Oste-Fyr

✪ Oste-Fyr Truly Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 10
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: ✪ Oste-Fyr
    | steam3ID: [U:1:130939632]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:65469816
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091205360
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198091205360

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    1 days 07:44:00 hours

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    GMT

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?
    Sadly, I don't but I am hoping this will be my first.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    I have been on your servers for a considerable amount of time, not only improving my skills to socialize and make friends with the people around me, but has also improved my trading skills. This has sadly made me come across a quite a few scammers, so I had to learn the different scams the hard way, but also making me aware of them. I will be able to break up any arguments that are headed in the wrong way before anything gets out of hand. I am told I have great diplomatic skill and good at breaking up arguments at school.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I think that I would be a good staff member because of the following reasons. First of all, the way I look at problems, is not as if they are a brick wall, more as if they are a hurdle. I believe any problem can be solved and I will try my hardest to help anyone with their problems. Also i will be good at assisting any new or experienced players with scammers or people sharking since i have knowledge of this area for my own experience. Lastly, I know how to take control of a situation, if it is getting out of hand. I can stop any conflicts from happening and make sure no-one gets offended in the process.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    I will be able to go on the forums and servers 2-2 and half hours a day. I am currently attending secondary school in the UK. On weekends i will be able to spend 3-4 hours or more.

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    I think that the current staff are handling every situation very well, and keeping the atmosphere nice and calm on the mic and in the chat. The staff are good at enforcing the rules, but also giving people a chance to follow the rules. The staff have always been kind to me, helped me with any of my problems and answered my questions.

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    I think that the staff could have more members around the middle of the day. I do understand that the reason there is an absence of staff is because people are at work and school. But this is the only real improvement HG staff could improve on.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    I would like to be a member of staff because I really enjoy the vibe that harpoon gaming gives off. When I first went on this server, I immediately knew it was the place for me. Being a staff member means that i can help build HG's reputation so that it is a very well known server (not that it isn't already). Also I want to enforce the rules of Harpoon Gaming so that there are no people ruining the server for others and make everyone have a bad time.

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    Yes, I am ready to act as a middle man if it is required

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?
    No, I do not have a rep thread.

Special Notes:
    I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    I speak fluent danish and writing it is understandable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ✪ Oste-Fyr

✪ Oste-Fyr Truly Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 10
    I'm sorry if my activity has dropped recently, but this is because of a personal matter that i would rather not discuss.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Unfortunately, at this time, we feel that you are too new to Harpoon and do not know the staff/regulars well enough to be staff. Please continue with activity, and get to know staff/regulars, and apply again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice