Application Declined ♨ Java's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Keith David, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith David

Keith David Sufficiently Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: Keith David
    | steam3ID: [U:1:166619252]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:83309626
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126884980
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mymankeith
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198126884980

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    9 days 12:30:07 hours

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    EST

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?
    I have had previous experiences on the game Minecraft, where I served as a mod for a few servers, even rising up to admin in one server.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    I can bring the idea of humor and light-heartedness to the server. It's my way of keeping myself happy, where I find myself laughing at other players' jokes as well as mine sometimes. If I'm not in that much of a mood for jokes, I always try to connect with everyone around me on the server. I can't just play the game and not talk to or interact with anyone while doing that. One of my favorite things to do is help people, as I always find myself answering questions whenever someone brings one up. It's an instinct almost, and it gives me a sense of pride when doing so.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    Because I am very active on my mic, I feel I could be a good staff member by answering any questions asked by a member of the server. I have a sense of mind to know when someone is making a small joke to where it could get out-of-hand (which could mean mic-spamming, controversy, racism, stereotyping, etc.). I will be active most of the time, because it is summer, although sometimes I play other games such as Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty and Overwatch.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    I can spend 5-6 hours on the servers and perhaps 30 minutes to 1 hour on the forums

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    The staff right now seem to be getting down to the gritty core of every problem that comes up. They persist in doing what is right and are unbiased and fair. They all try to do the best they can to be a good staff member, and it is really great. It's a small reason on why I am applying.

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    I think one of the things that most but not all admins or moderators do is really try to connect to the players on the server. They might think that because they have such a great responsibility as staff, they have to stay serious about things and only do their job. I know it isn't what the HG makes them do, but perhaps it's natural instinct. Of course, not all staff are like this, but a majority of what I've seen are.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    To be honest, All-Trade 2 is my favorite and most active server. I know basically every regular and staff that go on there and have really connected with them. One-third of my friends come from there at the least. Based on the problems I listed above, I want to be a staff member of the All-Trade servers to not only help keep everything in-check, but also be an aspiring role model for any of the younger kids in the process. I can deal with any pressure the server gives me when I'm staff and I'm ready to take that great responsibility.

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    Yes I am.

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?

Special Notes:
    I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    I'll be honest, there have been times when I have been banned or muted for any irresponsible things I might've done in the past. There have been times when I would stay off HG from time to time in order to pursue school work. However, I'm ready to put those things behind me, aside from the school work part. I'm not that into trading anymore and I find myself just playing the game getting most of the fun out of talking to friends or players I've never met. I need to take on a responsibility I can nurture and care for. My parents are divorced, so I won't be on from time-to-time on some weekends, and I visit my family in Hong Kong once every summer. I'm going to have a little brother soon, and I need to be an inspiration to him, so why not start by taking on the responsibility of handling a server and its players? If there is any elaboration needed, just friend me. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    While I do believe your application shows more effort, I do believe that you should spend more time working on your behavior. Our staff members must abide by the rules, and be adequately involved with maintaining a safe, fun, and engaging trade environment. Please work on your in server behavior before applying again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice