Declined [Scam Report]: 76561198054740469 "[Ryfg]Lucifer #Brokering4u"

Discussion in 'Fraud Reports Archive' started by ✪MiG-Plus+, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✪MiG-Plus+

✪MiG-Plus+ Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Victim:
    | steamname: ✪MiG-Plus+
    | steam3ID: [U:1:112177221]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:56088610
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072442949
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/739736238
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198072442949

Accused:
    | steamname: [Ryfg]Lucifer #Brokering4u
    | steam3ID: [U:1:94474741]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:47237370
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054740469
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/infernoluciferum
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198054740469

Accomplice(s)

Info:
    So about 1 month ago, i talked to Lucifer to let him broker my Collector's Killer Exclusive for me.
    and today(2015/5/9) ian told me that he is betting the hat on sweetstakes.tf without me knowing he is doing that.
    and right now the bot is currently holding it. View attachment 8438

Evidence:
    this is the proof of the Lucifer is brokering for me.
    View attachment 8432
    proof of the bot is holding it. http://steamcommunity.com/id/tfjackpot1/inventory bot's inventory
    View attachment 8435
    latest massage he sent
    View attachment 8438

Misc. Info:

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Attached Files:

2. ✪MiG-Plus+

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. monkey

monkey Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Attached Files:

4. ✪MiG-Plus+

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    problem solved, admin please close this report. thank you

5. monkey

monkey Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apparently Lucifer is demanding payment from mig as he is requesting the hat back. As mig is saying he broke his trust by putting the hat in a gambling bots inventory without his knowledge.

6. monkey

monkey Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update: now mig received the item back. To his knowledge he was not told about the trade to a gambling websites not like Lucifer claims he does on the outpost link provided above.
    The broker broke the most important thing which is trust.
    It is up to the Admins on how they would like to proceed.

7. [Ryfg]Lucifer

[Ryfg]Lucifer Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The item has been returned to the original owner. He did owe me for the time I spent trying to sell his hat but I figured its really not worth going through all this. The item was but on the bot because I wanted to see what the site would price it at. However its not exactly a trade since I can get the item back whenever I want to. The item was never actually but in any bets whatsoever. All in all the item has been returned and the original owner is content. Besides If I wanted to bet/scam I would have already done that.

Admins can add me for any relevant screen shots.

Cheers!

8. [Ryfg]Lucifer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would also like to point out a ittle tweak in the original report
    "ian told me that he is betting the hat on sweetstakes.tf"

Considering betting is a verb. It apparently means I actually put it in a bet which is completely untrue. It has not been put in any sort of bet at all from the time it was on the bot.

9. [Ryfg]Lucifer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers! Pleasure doing business.

10. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Walker Texas Ranger Fanatic

Ratings:
    +30 / 17
    Why would you use a sweepstakes website to see how much an item is worth? That hat is worth a very high amount of keys, and MIG in no way gave you permission to put the hat in that bot's inventory. What made you think you had the right to do that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. [Ryfg]Lucifer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had no right to sell it without his permission. I did not. The bot returns it to me whenever I ask. I never bet it. It has been sorted already. Try to bring in facts than opinion on the forums. Cheers.

12. monkey

monkey Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well we know you didn't sell it. Which is a fact correct. Another question is arising is why did you place it in the gambling bots inventory? When everyone knows that they use the values from bp.tf. its not that we are stating an opinion. We are seeking an answer to understand your reasoning. My opinion doesn't matter in the case as I wasn't involved between you or mig. However I did get involved when he sent me this scam report as mig is a friend of mine. For some reason when the website uses prices based on bp.Tf values and steam market values... Why did you tell mig that you wanted to place it in the gambling bots inventory to see what they would price it at? That too without his permission.
    You broke his trust. You traded the item without his knowledge.

I personally feel it should not be allowed. Along the same lines of d0's case, which I am sure you are aware of, Wayne won back a hat he had lost to d0, but Wayne had to risk betting his own items to get it back. If the user were to lose the item, then it would be breaking the brokering agreement. Additionally, not getting consent before doing so is another big no-no in brokering. The fact that the item has not been lost yet does not give the user the right to continue nor have done it in the first place.

We know you didn't bet it. Maybe we caught you before you could.

13. [Ryfg]Lucifer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Right.
    I will reply to you in points so that it is easy for you and every other user to read.

'People seem to be mis lead about a few important points.'
    - MIG reported me at the time Ian told him about the item being in a bot. He had no prior conversation with me regarding this.
    - He was under the impression that I would not return the item and hence the report.
    - Ian was wrong telling MIG that I was "betting" the item because nothing of the sort occured.
    - This led him to report because he was being told by people that he was "scammed".
    - When he actually talked to me later that day when I came online I explained everything to him and he was alright with it. He was quite astonished since people had been telling him that I scammed.
    - A few hours later he asked for the item back. He said it is not about your reputation but he no longer wants to sell it.
    - He owed me for my time for which I asked payment. He got defensive and rude so I figured I really do not want to get in a fight over a few keys and let him off without and payment.
    - We both concluded it on good terms.

- He took back his reports at the time frame of when Point 5 happened. He was content and sure that this was not a scam and he was unnecessarily being hyped for the same.

"Betting"
    - The item was NEVER bet. I can prove that with screen shots.
    - You say "We know you didn't bet it. Maybe we caught you before you could." and "I personally feel it should not be allowed." and yet claim you are not being opinionated.
    - If I had to bet it. I had 10+ hours to do that at which point I was even active in sweetstakes.tf chat but have never bet a penny on there. So If I wanted to I would have done it then and there. Your opinion that "You may have" is irrelevant and childish since it is a site based on facts.

"Why did you put in there"
    - As I said I wanted to see its value on the site.
    -" Another question is arising is why did you place it in the gambling bots inventory? When everyone knows that they use the values from bp.tf." You claiming that everyone knows everything about that site is an opinion. How can you even claim that?
    - " For some reason when the website uses prices based on bp.Tf values and steam market values.." You yourself are telling me that it uses steam market values too so the price could actually have been different than backpack.tf price.
    - A better knowledge about the price range would help any broker sell more effectively.
    - It is not an actual trade since the item can/is returned to the owner at his request.

"D0's Case"
    - How is that even relevant?
    - He never repaid what he owed.
    - It was not a "brokering agreement" but a "team up".
    - He has had previous tags for shady activities.
    - They actually bet items. Multiple times for that matter.

You say you know I did not bet it and still type a paragraph about how I am in the wrong for actually betting the item "
    If the user were to lose the item, then it would be breaking the brokering agreement. Additionally, not getting consent before doing so is another big no-no in brokering. The fact that the item has not been lost yet does not give the user the right to continue nor have done it in the first place."

In conclusion, I ask everyone to stop posting their opinion and spam the post and let the administrators take the decision. They are more than capable of taking the right decision so you should trust them with it rather than trying to post no facts but apparent opinions.

PS: I have no beef with Monkey and I admire your work in the community. If you wish to talk to me and tell me more about what you think about all this and what your opinion on the entire matter is, you can always do so using steam chat. I will be more than happy to listen to your opinion :)

Cheers!

14. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    I'm going to close this report. MiG has gotten his hat back and Lucifer never put it in any jackpots on sweetstakes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice