Pokemon When RNG Abuse Goes Wrong...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Taser, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    Okay, so for those of you who don't know (how the fuck don't you know?!), I play a lot of Pokémon, and I do something known as shiny hunting (sinking a fuck load of time into finding rare, sparkly, different coloured Pokémon that are otherwise no different). Anyway, one of the games, Emerald, has stupidly broken RNG, to the point where it can be easily abused for shiny Pokémon. I figured that I'd go for Shroomish. So far, well, see for your self.
    Silcoon #1
    ShinySilcoon.jpg
    Cascoon #1
    ShinyCascoon.jpg
    Silcoon #2
    WIN_20160630_000626.JPG
    Cascoon #2
    WIN_20160630_002126.JPG
    Silcoon #3
    WIN_20160630_005036.JPG
    Silcoon #4
    WIN_20160630_014540.JPG
    Poochyena #1
    WIN_20160630_020825.JPG
    STILL NO SHROOMISH. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Productive Productive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    Anyone who has seen your face before has one question to ask you Taser.

WHERE IS YOUR MUSTACHE. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    Well, I eventually learned of something called 'encounter slots'. Each frame has its own slot, which dictates what appears on that frame. With Emerald having broken RNG, every frame will always have the same encounter slot. This means that my shiny frame will always have the same Pokémon on it. However, because I was using a Synchronise lead, I could sync frames with other encounter slots to my shiny frame, hence my range of shinies from abusing (5 Silcoon, 3 Cascoon and 3 Poochyena in this case). Here's the bad news. None of my frames that give Shroomish are sync frames, which means that, at least on my most reasonably obtainable shiny frame, Shroomish is a no go. With that in mind, I ended up getting it in Alpha Sapphire instead.
    WIN_20160701_125613.JPG

4. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Is this a pokemon go update?

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice