Downgraded [Unusual Ban Appeal]: 76561198018719204 (Evilsweetblock | Metallic DDPAT)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Evilsweetblock, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evilsweetblock

Evilsweetblock Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Evilsweetblock | Metallic DDPAT

Your SteamID 64

Server
    Unusual

Why were you banned?
    Racism

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I never said anything racist, I think whoever banned me confused me with someone else

2. Evilsweetblock

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright, sorry for double posting, but the appeal wont let me put in enough info. Anyhow let me explain:
    So me and this one guy were going to spycrab an unusual hat, but then he backed out because the server was about to reset. Once the server reset, I rejoined and heard someone say something at the end of their mic, and then I said "anyone willing to spycrab 20 keys in items?" and then I was perma banned for racism. Im pretty sure this is a mistake as I've been on the server for about a year and a half, and I've never said or done anything racist, and I can hope tuurtle can stand up for me on this.

3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I was the admin on at the time, I believe this was midst another user making racist remarks, and if I recall correctly, you had said something in addition to that. I do not believe your ban was accidental, given I also banned the other users in question.

Your ban was permanent, as that is how most racist remarks are responded to. That said, I didn't make specific note of the comment you made, and as a result, I am willing to downgrade your ban on the condition that you avoid any such behavior in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Evilsweetblock

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to note that the thing I was adding on, was asking if anyone would like to spycrab for 20 keys. However I can see since someone else was doing it how it could have seemed like I was also trying to be racist, but I assure you it was not the case. I sincerely hope we can avoid future mix ups like this, and I apologize for the inconvenience of having to deal with it.

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'm fairly certain a comment was made. I don't ban people accidentally, and I always have a reason for the bans I give. Given that I didn't make a specific note about your ban, I obviously didn't feel strong enough about it to document it, so I'll grant the appeal and reduce the ban to a day ban.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Evilsweetblock

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much my man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice