Declined [TF2 Server Ban Appeal]: steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198152898539 "Monoxide"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Monoxide, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    | steamname: Monoxide
    | steam3ID: [U:1:192632811]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:96316405
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198152898539
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198152898539

Description
    Part 2

Please provide any and all evidence
    I apologized to adrian in his chat not yours, if you had actually looked at it you would know.
    You said you would consider appeals from the rest but not from me, prompting me to say there is no point in having the conversation.
    I did admit I used my little brothers account to get on HG and make a sale.
    No lies involved.

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    Would copy and paste from chat with adrian but he has me removed.

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You said this:
    As I said, you said the conversation was over before I said anything about appeals.

When I had spoken to Adrian, you had only accused him of being at fault. Perhaps you apologized after but at the time you had not apologized whatsoever.

You've said that you don't want to be unbanned, you just wanted the reason changed. I don't see any facts that support changing the reason. What is your goal in this particular discussion?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The goal of the discussion is to have the reason for ban changed to what it actually should be, It's not that I don't want to be unbanned I love harpoon and spent more time in all trade 1 then I did in the regular game. The reason I don't believe I should be unbanned is the fact that this is my second ban for disrespect (The first one was far more deserving and I was lucky to come back) and if I were in your position I would have banned me as well. But you just copy and pasting the reason you banned potato over to me is something that I can't back. It lists plenty of things that I never said and somethings I didn't witness. As for me not apologizing to Adrian during our conversation I had to find out why I was banned and was unaware that what I was doing was an issue. I tab out constantly and didn't see anything telling me to stop or potato telling him to kill himself. I was still afk when i got banned.

4. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Your ban reasons are the same because I put you both in the same 'wrong doing' side in the issue on the server. Whether you like it or not, you were involved with Potato and his anti-Semitic comments.

5. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I was involved in my own issue that hat been going on for at least a week prior, was not the same action.

6. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Your issue culminated into this one. It had continued way too long, but it eventually led to you doing so during an event and that encouraged multiple other people to join in. In any event, since I rather not argue with this any longer. I'm not going to change the ban reason, I understand that you did not say all of the insults said, but you encouraged many of them and reinforced them. Together with Potato you created a very hostile situation against Adrian and that is what your ban reason says.

7. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Once again potato acted separately from me and the situation escalated to it's worst after I had been afk. While you can blame me for other people calling him orphan the things listed are unrelated.

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75

L 06/20/2015 - 23:24:16: "-=|PøTαTøE|=-<1244><STEAM_0:0:59623861><Red>" say ""adrian is fgt""
    L 06/20/2015 - 23:24:24: "Monoxide ⇋HG⇌<1242><STEAM_0:1:96316405><Blue>" say "and an orphan"
    L 06/20/2015 - 23:24:31: "-=|PøTαTøE|=-<1244><STEAM_0:0:59623861><Red>" say "and jewish"

You were neither AFK and you quite clearly added on to his comments. He originally started with calling Adrian an orphan because of you. So I'm holding you just as responsible. You were there, you started insulting Adrian, Potato joined in, you two encouraged each other and then he went way too far and spewed off multiple insults. You have to take responsibility for what you started.

Quite simply, you started the incident. And encouraged it to continue, the results of which are directly resulted from your involvement. Had you truly not encouraged Potato, not started the insult fest on Adrian and even been AFK, then this wouldn't be an issue. But you did, you started insulting him, you continued to do so, you encouraged others to do so, and one of them took it too far. You didn't stop after Potato took it that far by the way. You continued to insult Adrian:
    "Monoxide ⇋HG⇌<1242><STEAM_0:1:96316405><Blue>" say "U JUST MAD I HAVE PARENTS"

So I think any argue that you didn't realize what was going on, or that you aren't just a responsible isn't valid. You may not have said the words, but you set the stage, encouraged others to and then joined in and continued after they were said. That's no excuse.

Also, I spoke with Adrian, you never apologized. Your ban reason isn't getting changed. There's nothing more I can do if you won't accept any blame or wrongdoing for what happened. I'll give you a bit to respond, however, after that I'll be closing this thread since I see no reason to change your ban reason.

9. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Said was afk when banned and when he told adrian to kill himself. Also I did apologize to Adrian in his steam chat, you didn't even check.

10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I did check. But regardless of that, Adrian told me that you never apologized. I had checked with him yesterday.

But in any event, have a nice day. Unfortunately, your request is declined.

11. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    If you had checked you would have seen the apology. We even had a short conversation after my conversation with you.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Well, that conversation must not have included Adrian, he has no recollection of any apology. I would suggest you remedy that. Regardless, I'm closing this thread as we are not going to change the ban reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice