Accepted [TF2 Server Appeal]: 76561198272100041 (Bonqueefius | trade.tf)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Bonqueefius, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonqueefius

Bonqueefius Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Your Name
    Bonqueefius | trade.tf

SteamID64

Steamrep Profile Data Block
    | steamname: ⛅️Jiggle ⇋HG⇌❄ | steam3ID: [U:1:311834313] | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:155917156 | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198272100041 | customURL: | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198272100041

Description
    I was banned for attempting to crash the server. On All Trade 2 around 4:25 PST tons of people started doing the Mannrobics. I decided to join them just for fun. Sparky no clips through the wall and looks at all of us. Which was about 7-9 people. When he comes in most people split except me and three other people. Sparky joins us for 15 seconds until Eoj Charlie joins Blu. I was still dancing and then all of us dancing got banned for attempting to crash the server. Which was never my intent. I decided to join just to dance and have fun with other players. I in no means intented to damage the server in any way by doing Mannrobics with other players.

Please provide any and/or all evidence we should know regarding your ban
    I have no intention to harm the server in any way. I did know about the other people that attempted to try and crash the server and they we're able to with 15 players. I wasn't attempting to do the same by joining the dance my sole purpose was to have fun and maybe get a screenshot for a background.

Why should Harpoon consider unbanning you?
    I am a very active player and I am always positive and kind to staff members and other players. I have spent tons of time on this server trading and having fun. I never do anything against the rules that will get me banned and I never plan to start. I love playing on this server and I would never want to leave the kind and wonderful community that is Harpoon Gaming.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bonqueefius

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My name might not have updated for the forums! But my in game name is Bonqueefius | trade.tf. Didn't want to put that in the name section. Sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ignorance

Ignorance Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there.

I must say, I agree with you. The Mannrobics is known to crash servers if enough people are doing it at the same time.
    Read @ bugs: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mannrobics

To admins. Don't you think it's unfair to ban 15 people for supposedly "crashing servers," since it's very well known to do this thing? I find it absolutely disgusting and unprofessional to ban people this way without even knowing the facts! Shame on you.

Goodbye.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Normally I don't respond to open ended and ignorant posts that are meant to mislead. However, considering you are the following user:
    | steamname: GodRider
    | steam3ID: [U:1:88209385]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:44104692
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048475113
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198048475113

And you were banned for crashing the server and are now trying to play innocent, let me point out that you were doing it intentionally. While I will entertain the idea that some may have been unaware, here's the chat logs from you in server:
    Jul 18, 2016 5:47:58 pm: will the server crash if everyone does the mannrobics?
    (People informed you that it would.)
    Jul 18, 2016 5:49:33 pm: everyone do the mannrobics
    (Then after the server crashed the first time, you said the following)
    Jul 18, 2016 5:54:01 pm: FUNNY, ISN'T IT
    (When others were asking what you were doing, you and others told them to join in to crash the server.)
    Jul 18, 2016 5:57:28 pm: DO IT

Simply put, I don't care if you believe it disgusting and unprofessional, because you are clearly lying and trying to manipulate the facts. However, the fact of the matter is your lies won't remove your ban. If you intend to act like a condescending jackass try to actually have some facts, reasons, and truth on your side. Otherwise, you get shutdown by people who actually know what they're talking about. You can go ahead and find a new community to be part of, we have no interest in having you here.

5. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    As for you @Bonqueefius, I was considering an appeal for you, however a quick glance at your chat logs shows this:
    Jul 18, 2016 6:21:40 pm: are we trying to crash it?
    Jul 18, 2016 6:21:24 pm: are we?

So please explain that knowledge of knowing of intent with your claimed "innocence" here.

6. Bonqueefius

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I wanted to know if they were attempting to do so. If they were planning on doing so I would have stopped immediately not wanting to be apart of that situation. I apologize for not explaining what my intent was in full detail. If it was in chat and I missed the (maybe) numerous messages telling me that I apologize for my ignorance in that situation.

#6 Bonqueefius, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  7. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I have decided to accept your appeal, in the future, please avoid doing things like this in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice