Accepted [TF2 Server Appeal]: 76561198120447637 "Sirflash"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Sirflash, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirflash

Sirflash Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Name
    Sirflash

SteamID64

Steamrep Profile Data Block
    | steamname: Sirflash | steam3ID: [U:1:160181909] | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:80090954 | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120447637 | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/36924536 | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198120447637

Description
    ok, this is a long story, where do we start?
    so this kid, yes he was a kid, named ReasoN, is on this server. Some guy named Jaws offers 7.33 for ReasoN's 8 ref item. ReasoN gets mad because he isn't getting what he wants and calls Jaws a lowballer. Now me, i was in a bad mood at the time and i was like, im not dealing with this kid complaining over mic about how he cant get the deal he wants. so i say, dude, he isn't lowballing, chill, its .66 called down (2 rec). and that just angers him more. so others start joining in to tell the kid to shut up. but of course, he doesnt listen, and only gets angrier. basically i then tell him that if he doesnt like the offer, then dont accept it and stop complaining. He doesn't care and continues. I stop listening to kid and go back to trading. so then all is quiet, untill he finds something else to complain about. there was this heavy in blu spawn that was shooting his mini gun around. and boy, this ReasoN not like that. then he starts about again with complaining. people tell him to shut up but he doesn't listen. Then someone tells him to switch team so he does. Then i think the heavy realized he was annoying ReasoN and probally like annoying him. then, all hell breaks loose. 6 Heavys start spamming him with mini guys, 4 scouts are running around with pans panning him with them. God it was choas. as im laughing my butt off because this kid is screaming his head off as people chase him. Oh, i forgot the part where he was reporting people, like anyone that was around him he started reported, somepople didn't even do anything. But this kid didn't care, he was mad. well i of course, chased him around, i didnt spam him or anything just followed because i was like "this is what happens when you annoy everyone" sorry for being like that but this kid was just, i swear like trying to get everyone mad. but yeah, i guess he screenshotted me when he was HIDDING INSIDE OF THE SPYCRAB PLACE which is agaisnt the rules because he's blocking people who want to spycrab but he didnt care. so i was a scout, sadly, with a pan, because thats the weapon i use, all the time, for scout only, and i was outside of the spycrab window area watching him, and i guess he screenshotted me and said i was spamming him with the pan but i wasn't, i think he was just mad because of before, and after he left the spycrab place i switch to heavy and sat in the corner like i usally do, as people shot at him with the minigun i just kinda went afk, then a Admin got on.
    the Admin started banning people and i just kinda sat there, then even some people said i didnt do anything but i guess ReasoN "showed him a screenshot of me panning him" which i didn't do, and then the admin banned me. and then i was just like, wow, so this is what this server is like? this kid comes on, mic spams, annoys all, acess people of low balling because he doesnt get him way, starts falsely reporting people, camps in the spycrab area and so on, then a admin comes on and bans everyone he tells him to. It's kinda sad, but then a friend told me to make a ban appeal so i did, and this is the entire story from my prespective, do what you want, thanks for taking the time to read this, hope you consider to unbann me

Please provide any and/or all evidence we should know regarding your ban

Why should Harpoon consider unbanning you?
    Because i like to trade on the server, i dont normally do anything, i sit in the corner and wait for trades, this was probally the only thing ive really done on this server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'll be speaking with the admin who banned you to get his point of view, however, regardless of whether you are unbanned or not, you were doing something that we consider against the rules.

Perhaps you were not spamming your minigun, or panning another user, but you were part of a large group that was harassing him.

Your judgment was one that:
    • felt the need to belittle and harass a young child for your entertainment
    • chose not to mute him
    • chose not to report him to an admin
    • chose to take the least mature response possible
    Regardless of whether you panned/spammed him, you were attempting to harass him. You can justify that all you want, but there were plenty of possible responses, you chose one that would result in a punishment. Many others did not harass him, spam him, pan him, or felt the need to add to the nonsense, they were not banned. You chose to be involved, and while your ban will be reviewed, please do not claim innocence to any wrongdoing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sirflash

Sirflash Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see now that it was a better choice to mute him, and that i didn't do that, and how i can get banned for being part of the group, and for harassing him. I realised that now but i should have back then, and i'm sorry for that.

4. Sirflash

Sirflash Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wasn't trying to harass him, and i know i should have muted him, but i wantted him to stop freaking out of a simple .66 ref

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The problem is that is relative. To a new trader, .66 could be a big deal. Would you be okay with throwing away 2 keys? 2 bills? 2 unusuals? It's all relative, and it's not fair to him for you to dictate what matters and what doesn't.

6. Sirflash

Sirflash Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is true, i see your point

7. Sirflash

Sirflash Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have this feeling I'm not going to be unbanned. . . I see ReasoN got unbanned from his appeal what seems like immediately, and he starts stuff and is the person how got me banned. . . but that's none of bussiness. take as much time as you need :) just getting a little angry. . .

8. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    I will be discussing your appeal with another Appeals admin and we will come up with a decision later tonight. We apologize for the wait, we will get back to you soon.

9. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    I want you to think about what Eoj Charlie has said earlier in this thread. In the future, please be more mindful of your actions. This situation could've been dealt with easily. You could've just told him that the person wasn't lowballing and left it at that. I do understand he annoyed you, but what you did wasn't right.

In the future, if something like this happens again, keep in mind of what Eoj Charlie has said and approach the situation in calm manner. I have decided to lift your ban. You can now join our servers again, appeal granted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice