Archived Suggestion: Headless Horseman

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by ThatOneWhiteKid, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatOneWhiteKid

ThatOneWhiteKid Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Headless Horseman

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    All-Trade Server

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    I think I posted something about adding the Horseless Headless Horseman, but it was on the old forms and before Harpoon Gaming made a new map. But I still believe that the All-Trade server should have a headless horseman spawn every 10-20 minutes in the middle part of the map. Also if you could I played on a server before with HHH and they had a scoreboard after he was killed. And that scoreboard would show the top 3 people that did the most damage. I think this is worth adding to the server because it creates more competition and more people would be active instead of idle and that would look great for a newcomer to Harpoon Gaming or TF2 alone because trust me I absolutely love trying to get in the top 3 for damage. I think this would be a good thing to add to the server to give it even more variety. And you might be saying well this will take a while to do what's the point? Well there are multiple points for this...

1. Newcomers will be more likely to stay instead of server surf.
    2. It gives more competition.
    3. It makes it fun.
    4. It involves strategy because you don't want to get killed by the HHH but you also don't want to get killed by the enemies.
    5. Why not?:D

Any Additional Information?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The largest issues with this are:
    If the HHH is not killed and stacks (as in multiple HHHs running around).
    The time to create the plugin if we do make one.
    Distracts from the trading aspect of the server.

I'm not saying no, just trying to bring up potential issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ramibot

Ramibot Rami's personalized forum bot.
    Staff Member Chief of Staff Universal Staff

Ratings:
    +429 / 53
    We actually have a plugin that can spawn all the Halloween bosses including the HHH. A problem that sometimes happens though is that the horseman can sometimes glitch / teleport inside of the spawn areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ThatOneWhiteKid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see what you are saying here are ways that I think might resolve those issues
    (In Order)
    -You could make the time limit longer or there might be a way to make it spawn 10 minutes after everyone kills the last one
    -I understand the time and there isn't a way around that problem unfortunately
    -I know that it distracts the trading aspect but for those people that like to fight the other team would probably like that. Also if someone is afraid of dying they could use spy crab rooms OR (here is another mini suggestion) you could add trading rooms to the server where it is like a spy crab room but for trading so it's impossible to die.

Just a few suggestion. Thank you for replying. :D

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Well the issue with that is the server is a trading server. It's geared towards that.

6. ThatOneWhiteKid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    True maybe you could do it on the server you are thinking about making?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice