Suggestion Declined Suggestion: Defibrillator!?!

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by dylantyler000, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dylantyler000

dylantyler000 Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +11 / 10
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Defibrillator!?!

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    TTT Server

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    This is a item that traitors should be able to buy from the traitor menu, to bring back dead traitor buddy's. I know that sounds really over powered but it has ways to not make it so overpowered. For instance, if you added it to a Detective menu, they would bring back an inno they know is inno, and the person they brought back would know who the traitors were. But if a T brings back a T then there would be no harm in it. Also, if the T was IDed and was brought back to life than the INNO would know it would be them. That makes it less over powered because it would make it hard for T's to kill and they would have to hide in the shadows. That is what I think should be added, thanks :D.

Any Additional Information?:
    Yes, if there is a way IIFFF you add it, make it so it doesn't drop and INNO's don't pick it up, kinda like the matter transfer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    Hello Dylan,

Thanks for your suggestion for the TTT server. This item is quite interesting in many different ways, my concern is that it can be way too powerful. You said that it wouldn't be way too overpowered because ->

But what I can see wrong, and how traitors can take huge advantage of this weapon, is that it can affect other weapons. For example, if someone were to jihad in a room full of people, they can then later come back to life right after. This ruins a huge point for the jihad bomb as you kill yourself in return for a huge explosion, but then now it would be that you get to kill a big group of people without keeping yourself dead for the rest of the game.

Another thing that I can see unfair is that you can use it more than once. For example, if there were 4 traitors at start, each one of them can buy one at any point and use it, meaning that technically 4 more traitors would be added to the game which would make it 8 traitors as they get a second life. I know they would be already called out if they return back to life, but traitors have very strong weapons already such as the ak-47 which they can buy and kill the remaining innocents with their second life.

Not only is this item too powerful in my opinion, it ruins a part of the game itself, and it's rules. Innocents are supposed to keep themselves alive with the detectives and try to hunt down the traitors, not just keep themselves alive killing the same person again and again. Traitors shouldn't be coming back and be given a second chance, if they were already caught as a traitor and later on died, it's game over for them. Innocents then don't have to worry about this specific person anymore and can resume on finding other traitors.

If this item were to be added, I would prefer it to be for detectives. They can use it on an innocent or make it so only you can bring back other detectives (if you have buddies - 16+ player game) but I believe this is way too powerful for traitors use for multiple reasons. This is my opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. dylantyler000

Ratings:
    +11 / 10
    I understand completely and I see where your coming from. But however, if the detectives have it, if they bring back anyone that is spectating they could see who the traitor is, and then come back and take them out. I say that it would be neat to add as a test to see if it fits. I understand it is OP and I think it would be a thing to test first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    No, that's way too OP. People usually discuss the game in spectator, which is not against the rules because you're not technically in the game anymore. If one person were to find the names of all the traitors while spectating, that could lead to an unfair game and could ruin the traitors' round.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. dylantyler000

Ratings:
    +11 / 10
    if the detectives have it, if they bring back anyone that is spectating they could see who the traitor is. That's why only add it to traitors :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frisk

Frisk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    So from previous experience admining a TTT server, the defib is an amazing thing for traitors! It can turn the tide of the game even in only 1 T is left. However, I do understand your concern...but there are ways to make it fair. Also, I won't suggest giving Detectives a defib because "ghosting" is a problem. On the server I admined, the defib could only bring 1 person back and only can be bought once. In addition, it takes up an important spot in the player's slots and the revived person's tab box becomes red, showing that they are alive and a T.
    UPDATE 1: Make sure to test it first! If you don't like it, remove it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dylantyler000

Ratings:
    +11 / 10
    Yes, that is perfect. One thing I saw though, if the body is unid then they wont know he came back so you can play it off. But yea I like ur comments.

• Approved Approved x 1
  8. TM

TM Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    Defibs are kinda pointless because if you die as a T and have already been called out you will just be KOSed again.

9. Papa Price

Papa Price Rage!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +100 / 26
    We thank you for your input for a suggestion to the TTT Server but we have decided to decline it

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice