Overwatch Some questions about Overwatch for you guys!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Levi Heichou, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Cake_Enterprise

Cake_Enterprise Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    I have notice when I play comp in Overwatch people tend to be Meta heavy. By that I mean that want/prefer people that are currently in the meta like Mei or Roadhog or Hanzo. Thought I do understand they want to win or have a better chance by using Heros that have been buffed but it takes other people away from using other Heros on attack/deffend like Widowmaker, Winston, and Symmetra. People now want others to stick to the two tank, two DPS, and two support and want speccfic Heros in those sellections. I kinda wish it would go back to like the first season of comp where people played each class and had different Heros they chose rather then those in the current meta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Levi Heichou

Levi Heichou Unwavering

Ratings:
    +20 / 3
    I don't know what first season you were playing but everyone I played with in season 1 wanted a specific meta. If it is a competitive gamemode then stick to the meta especially if you are solo or your group is half or less than the whole team. If your group is 4+ and you all have a specific strategy in mind then use it if it works but if it is a whole team of randoms then stick to the meta because it will work and there is no need for any special sort of strategies or advanced teamwork required which is also why more people want a meta to be played and not things outside of the meta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    What do you guys think about Sombra right now since they have premired her and the abillitys she has at Blizcon.

4. Levi Heichou

Levi Heichou Unwavering

Ratings:
    +20 / 3
    From a competitive aspect since that is my specialty she seems not too OP and not too weak as well. It will definitely, in terms of ability usage, require a lot of gamesense (i.e. who to hack, where to teleport to, when to pop ult etc.) but it will also take a lot of teamwork to make good use of her ultimate as well as her hack ability in regards to health packs. One thing I see coming out of her ult is her using hers and then McCree using his ult right after or even someone like reinhardt after the Sombra ult and then McCree ult. But even after the hype if they don't make super big nerfs then she will be a must pick hero but only good in the right hands.

5. Stormsplycce

Stormsplycce Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    I just got overwatch and i have to say that i think its very fun. It nice to switch things up sometimes and that includes the comp of both games. Valve has made their compedetive mode alot better now but the one in overwatch is much better because there are alot more ppl communicating. Overwatch, for me atleast, is more fun to watch live on twitch because its not as stale as 6s can be on some cp maps and more countering and more mindgames. Does the enemy lucio have his ultimate, or can we fully commit to this push? Can we get a few picks off if we drop D.VAs ultimate in the middle of the control point? etc. I feel there is alot more room to play the heros you want, not automaticly going to 2 scouts, 2 soldiers a demo and a medic, like it is in 6s. And even though i hate to admit it, i think overwatch's compedetive scene will become bigger than tf2 will ever be.

6. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    In my view of Sombra she is more like Tracer, her roll is to get behind the enemy and cause a distraction and then quickly duck out. She might be used more then Tracer now when she gets realsed because she may not have Tracers speed and dodge ability but she has higher survieability then her and has the same rate of fire but has more ammo with 60 then 40. She can also shut down abilitys and Ults(Which I find a bit BS that she can hack someone to stop there Ult. Maybe if her Ult can be used to shut down other peoples Ults would seem a bit fair.)I have found it funny that her hack ability can prevent 76 from sprinting or Mcree from rolling. Her teleport ability also has the effect of Mcrees flashbag. If you throw it at a enemy they get stunned for a second. Hopefully the changes she gets from the PTR will make her fair on full relase in the begining of December.

7. Keith David

Keith David Sufficiently Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    After playing her for some time, I can honestly say that when Overwatch inputs her difficulty as three stars, they aren't lying. She has a wide array of options on how to approach an enemy on defense and offense, and it'll take me a lot of time to master her. I had the same reaction with Ana, although I'm much better with Ana now than her release day. The ultimate and hack still confuses me time-to-time, regarding I don't know what the greatest thing to hack is and exactly when I should ult. Her personal teleport is a work of beauty, as I can drop it, step into a fight for around 10 seconds, then teleport back for health or regrouping. However, from time to time, I often mistake her invisibility for Reaper's wraith form, and it gets me killed. I don't know why, I just get that feeling. I definitely have to do my research and maybe even watch some videos on her in order to better understand her. Along with her came a great update to multiple characters. Widowmaker players now seem to be 2x better, Zarya really didn't need a nerf again, and Lucio kinda got nerfed without valid reasoning, and being he's the only area healer (not counting Zenyatta's ult), he needs to be able to get heals across and fast. Either way, Sombra is definitely a game-changer (an annoying one to say the least, especially denying Reinhardt's shield) and I look forward to playing her much more/

8. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    This is gonna be a long one to read so get ready. To be honest Zarya got nerf'd/buffed. She does not get as much charge now for her sheilds now but her left click now hits people more now. Before it took a second to hit people with her left click and was a bit anyoning. But now she insta hit with the laser. Widowmaker players I have no idea why there is a larger sum of them then before. She didn't get buffed in this update so I dont know why people are playing her more. Maybe a new team build? or somthing Idk. Lucio was a go-to support pick for nearly every comp game for season 1 of comp and was picked most of the time for season 2 even with the nerf to his speed boost. Though I do understand the nerf to his healing ability being slower is a bit huge for Lucio players. I know because I have played Lucio myself alot as a support for comp when we needed a support hero. But this seems kinda fair because it gives more support heros like Mercy or Zen and bit more picks. Though with this nerf to Lucio effects flankers such as Genji, Tracer, Sombra and other heros a bit more problems since Lucio was one huge way of them getting health in the middle of battle. For other supports it was a nightmare to heal flankers because there so mobile. Now its mainly going to be Ana/Zens to heal flankers now because for a Mercy its a bit hard since she is deffensless agianst others. For Sombra and learning how to use her is going to be somewhat the same as learning how to play Genji. You gotta know when to go into battle a fight others and quickly duck out of battle to heal. You also gotta go for picks agianst unspectting players and aim for supports and other low health players. But the problem I see with her is she is like Tracer or Genji or Mei, she is to deppentent on her abilitys and doesnt put out enough damage. If she cant use any of her abilitys then she is kinda screwed. Personlly she will be intersting to use. She is kinda like a offensive/deffensive hero to use. Im already seeing people use her with Zaryas in comp. For now people need to adjust to her being added in and make a mangeable team with her in it, kinda like what they did with Ana and maybe will we see her more often in begining of season 3 of comp. For now thats my view on the whole Sombra, Lucio, Zayra and the Widowmaker situation of Overwatch right now.

9. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    So im assuming you guys have seen the changes there gonna do for Symmetra. Seems very intersting that she is gonna have two different Ults, one that provides a teleportor or a sheild generator. She can provide a deffensive sheild kinda like reinhearts. Her primary fire now has a little bit more of a reach then before. She now starts with 6 sentries rather then 3 when you start off and they charge up a bit faster then before. Whats your guys feeling of the new changes to Symmetra?

10. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    So to those who have done or finished there placement matchs where have you guys placed in competive? Is it what you wanted or were trying to achive? And what was your final rank from season 2 since it heavely impacted your final rank for seson 3. I got to 2950 SR but my curent rank is 3050 SR. Pretty happy I got it since I was trying to hit Dimound. My final from season 2 was 2996 SR which landed me in the high plats.

11. Levi Heichou

Levi Heichou Unwavering

Ratings:
    +20 / 3
    I finished last season with 3004 and placed at 3006. Would have liked higher but could have been worse. Not going well right now though as I keep dipping below 3000 and then going back up a little above it after winning a bunch and hitting mid 3200s

12. Dr.Pengu

Dr.Pengu Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I do have Overwatch (For PC) and I like the competitive scene when not solo queuing.

13. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    I do sole queuing for comp because most of the people I play with ethier don't do comp that much or are really low SR like in the 2000 or so. So its kinda hard to do comp with other people. Been a bit anyoning when ppl randomly discconects when we are winning.

14. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    It apears the changes to D.Va, Roadhog and Sombra are going through to live. Which means less D.Va and Roadhog and more DPS heros. Whats your guys thoughts on this?

15. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    I play overwatch a lot. First, I played it on the ps4 in japan which I still do but after I move back to Korea, I will be able to play overwatch on PC for 1 hour for less than a dollar in internet cafes.

16. Lunaa

Lunaa Teddy Bear with a gun
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +110 / 13
    I play overwatch quite a bit, and judging by the fact yes, people are meta heavy, its for good reason, the current meta being 3 tanks 1 dps 2 healers, is a very popular setup because of how good and strong it can be, were this is a "meta" thing to do, play what u want, if theres a kid on ur team saying " hey man hanzo isnt good. or dont play genji as hes bad. dont listen, if ur good and can perform on those characters, play them, dont be toxic either, or be the kid to say hey man sombra is a bad pick. encourage people to play good and play what they want and 9/10 youll win the more positive u are with you team. this being said tho, dont be the guy that sees ur team has 0 tank all dps and 1 healer and encourage that, dont be mean while telling them to swap, be nice and ask hey, could we possibly get another healer and a tank. i can play whichever one u dont want, and encourage good team comps and good team chemistry. thats my best advice for you

17. Cake_Enterprise

Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    So what were your guys highest rank in comp at the end of season 3 and how close to a golden weapon and who would if be for? My highest is 3752 SR. Im about 40 wins away from a golden weapon and I might get it for Widowmaker or Torb just for the lols.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice