Information Some Major Changes

Discussion in 'Previous Announcements' started by Jin&Tonic, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Hello, I'd like to announce some major changes coming to Harpoon Gaming as of October 15.

• Harpoon Gaming's TTT Garry's Mod Server

Firstly, we've established a Harpoon Gaming TTT Gmod Server. We encourage you to play on it. We're going to slowly integrate more plugins, addons and features. With the hope of expanding HG and also, providing Donators with yet another server they'll receive benefits in for their donations.

The IP may change, however, if you use "ttt.harpoongaming.com" as the IP, you'll be fine, as I'll reroute it if it does change. (Basically that IP will always work). And also, if you are NOT in Gmod and want to join our server quickly, open your Internet browser and type in "www.harpoongaming.com/ttt" and you'll be asked if you want to open Steam, if you say yes, Gmod will open and you'll instantly be connected to our server.

Note, this works for all HG servers.
      Ingame IPs:
      alltrade.harpoongaming.com
      unusual.harpoongaming.com
      events.harpoongaming.com

Internet Browser Domains:
      www.harpoongaming.com/alltrade
      www.harpoongaming.com/unusual
      www.harpoongaming.com/events
    • We've tried this before and it ended horribly, but I'll try it again. We've officially opened up the Harpoon Gaming Mumble server to the public. At this time, there is only one room for public use, while the rest remain staff and authorized users only. This may change, depending on what we see going on in Mumble. It's also very important to note, that bans in the mumble may result in bans from the server.

Mumble Info:
      Address: mbl.harpoongaming.com
      Port: 10111

• Update Regarding Unusual Server

Next, expect some changes in regard to Unusual server. We're not quite sure if it's staying as an Unusual server, I'm honestly not sure what's going to happen to it. But we are definitely interested in changing it to something that will benefit the players and regulars of our community more so.

• Over the last few months, we've seen staff come and go, which much to my displeasure is a natural thing for a community. While I wish some of them would stay forever, it simply isn't possible.

But it gives us hope and motivation to keep on going and to strive to better those that came before us. The Current Staff List is updated and you'll notice a few names missing and a few names added.

We also plan on releasing a new staff training program soon which will also change how we approach staff apps. You may see a few promotions after the release of that course.</li>
    • I've recently added an "External Updates" board. Here you'll fine automatically posted latest news from various gaming sites. Currently it pulls information from Team Fortress 2's website. And I think it's actually pulling some of the old announcements. However moving forward, everytime TF2 updates or sends out an announcement, the HG RSS will pick it up. Keep this in mind, because if the TF2 site is down, this should be able to still pull the information!</li>
    • Regulars & New Loyalty Program

I'd like to say thank you to all the regulars, you all are by far the most loyal and awesome group I've ever had in my time as a Server Administrator and certainly, in my time as a Server Owner.

I've been working for awhile on a basically a program to reward loyal members. Essentially, it would be a special forum where you'd be able to directly submit ban submissions, reports and everything. The main aspect being, since that you've proven yourselves as loyal and here to stay, we're going to give you a lot more power.

However it WILL require at least weekly activity. And this will change the nature of Membership. You'll see that two paths will essentially emerge. Members serve as people who are active in our community and want to wear our tag to say that they are proud to be part of HG.

Whereas, whatever I end up calling this program will add upon that. These individuals will be expected to maintain activity of sorts and assist with HG, and in exchange will be rewarded with the ability to nominate individuals for staff, to submit reports directly to a special staff forum, to actively weigh in on pending staff applications, to submit suggestions, plugins and requests directly to myself and Senior Staff. You'll receive a special tag in server. Further information about this program will be released later.</li>

Thank you for reading.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice