Accepted [Server Ban Appeal]: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fluximus/ "Pvamp"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Wintermute, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute

    Wintermute Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    | steamname: Wintermute
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:16564078
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993393884
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fluximus
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197993393884

    Description
    I was playing on the Harpoon TTT server with a few friends, when suddenly Rokstar banned me AND all my friends after we won the round, accusing us all of ghosting just because we knew eachother.
    I have always played on this server without a problem and just came back to it recently, only to be banned 5 minutes into the game with little to no evidence, and perhaps even a little bias.
    Personally I feel like this was a grudge banning, as a permaban seems excessive for a claim he cannot even validate. It came suddenly and without any kind of warning prior. Just *bang* permabanned from one of my favorite Gmod servers.

    Please provide any and all evidence
    http://i.gyazo.com/09277ec7b122007bf18af90ffd9e28b7.png

    Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    I have never seen this guy before I came back to play on harpoon today after having been gone for a few months. I have never caused any trouble for the admins before.

    Is there any private information you wish to provide?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

    Jin&Tonic Previously Eoj Charlie
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,185
    Ratings:
    +2,350 / 73
    While normally it is difficult to claim Ghosting based off any evidence, especially based off one RDM, in this case several staff members and players on the server were able to hear "Just kill everyone you meet" echoed through your mic.

    As a result of that comment combined with your targeted RDM, you were permabanned. Multiple people reported the comment and accused you of ghosting which was looked into. While we're always happy to take appeals, the evidence seems to assert you were ghosting.

    Do you have any thing to say to the contrary or wish to clarify?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wintermute

    Wintermute Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually I said 'have a plan to kill everyone you meet'.
    You of all people should recognize that quote with your signature.
    and I said it over the ingame chat.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JEFFREYonPC

    JEFFREYonPC Truly Active

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2014
    Messages:
    154
    Ratings:
    +9 / 5
    @Wintermute I had witnessed what had happened and I find it to be very suspicious how that comment was made and then right after you had rdmed @Midnight Aura.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Wintermute

    Wintermute Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its funny how I said something and then I killed someone in a game about killing people.
    And I said that at the bottom of the map IIRC.
    And It wasn't RDM, I saw a guy fall off and die on the ledge, and another guy standing in his spot, so I shot that guy.
    The guy I killed was way at the top and that took a few minutes to get up there.
    I ID'd all the bodies I could and saw that the one guy was the last one left, but there were a few people left, maybe 3, so I didn't shoot him immediately. But when I made an attempt to escape and seperate myself from him he deliberately followed me, which I felt was more than threatening.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. JEFFREYonPC

    JEFFREYonPC Truly Active

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2014
    Messages:
    154
    Ratings:
    +9 / 5
    @Wintermute you had killed @Midnight Aura minutes after that had happened you 2 were the last ones alive although there was 1 missing. Last I checked following someone isn't KOS-Able. I'm not staff here so I'm not going to make a judgement call here. But in my opinion you knew he was the t somehow.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Wintermute

    Wintermute Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First of all your argument seems to be based more on the fact that I killed your friend rather than me metagaming. I don't see how you can honestly justify a permanent ban. Without proper notification or course of action, there is really no way for me OR the admin who banned me to prove either point, so I don't understand why this ban should be respected when there is no credible evidence either way, to prove myself innocent or guilty. I politely ask that I be unbanned, or at the very least my friends are unbanned as they had even less to do with this than myself, which is just silly. I have played on Harpoon gaming all this year and have never had issues with the staff or players until now.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #7 Wintermute, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  8. Jin&Tonic

    Jin&Tonic Previously Eoj Charlie
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,185
    Ratings:
    +2,350 / 73
    Jeffrey is not staff as he mentioned.

    In any event, I'll look over your ban some more and speak with the staff and get their opinions.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Wintermute

    Wintermute Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would also like to mention that the person I was accused of killing because of ghosting was goading me with a rifle saying 'go ahead and shoot me in the face' as he chased me around, which with 3 or 4 people left on the scoreboard I felt extremely threatened by because I was trying to escape him to avoid having to shoot him, which I pointed out. But he insisted on following me as I jumped off ledges and up ladders to escape him which I thought was more than suspicious enough to make him a possible traitor. I was surprised that I won the round after he died, because I wasn't 100% sure. If I knew he was a traitor to begin with I would have shot him the moment I saw him, not run away. I only shot him because I thought it was my only chance at survival when I thought that possibly the other few people on the scoreboard were actually dead and not ID'd.

    You can't bring up that I said 'be efficient be polite have a plan to kill everyone you meet' without bringing up the fact that the person who I killed obviously said something to traitor bait me, which resulted in my ban.
    I don't want to go as far as to say they were trying to get me banned, but he obviously wanted me to try something so he could kill me without suspicion at the very least I figured, which backfired when I killed him. I'm guessing then he complained to the admin, who then banned me on the spot.
    How was I supposed to know that the administration would go all judge dredd on me for quoting a stupid video game.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #9 Wintermute, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  10. Jin&Tonic

    Jin&Tonic Previously Eoj Charlie
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,185
    Ratings:
    +2,350 / 73
    Despite the fact of what was heard, you don't have a history of causing issues. And we've decided to be lenient in this case.

    However, I do expect that you abide the rules and respect the staff. Your ban was not the consequence of revenge or bias, it was the action to protect the player base.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

    Harpoon Gaming is a Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod community. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

  • Donate to Harpoon!

    Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers, including our TTT server in Garry's Mod. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

    Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice