1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, why not associate your steam account with your forum account? It makes life a lot easier, just click here!
  3. Hey Guest, HG has launched an Unusual Trade Server! Make sure to check it out at unusual.harpoon.tf or check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Guest, HG's TTT server changed IP! Make sure to check out the new server at ttt.harpoon.tf or check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

PC problems a.k.a. RIP RAM stick

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Sugoni, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Staff Member Junior Admin All-Trade Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +23 / 5 / -3
    TFW you try to boot up your new PC and after an hour of diagnostics you find out one of your RAM sticks is dead.
    Time for an RMA and yet another delay on actually being able to use my PC.

On the bright side, the amount of relief I'll feel when I finally get to start it up will be amazing.

Also side note the fan that came with my radiator seems to have also broken with no seeming cause.
    Overbudget with alot of problems but it'll be so great when it finally comes to exist in the world of computadors.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Clorox

Clorox Drink Me...
    Staff Member Full Admin All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +25 / 2 / -0
    Good luck man! BTW what happened to your ram?? Static damage, cracked etc..

3. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14

Ratings:
    +23 / 5 / -3
    No clue. Just one of the sticks made it so the system wouldn't post. Woulda worked fine with just the stick that worked but then i'd have paid £50 extra for nothing. Another kit is already on the way anyway. Hoping it gets here by tomorrow but who knows with delivery dates now.

4. Reggie

Reggie ~W-BOILED XTREME!~
    Staff Member Server Mod All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    TFW I play games on a MacBook Ind i see people complaining about their new PC and how their ram is broken :(. I could feel my jealousy in my hands while writing this.

5. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14

Ratings:
    +23 / 5 / -3
    Even sadder news, something else is probably broken and i have no cue what.
    When i have the "broken" ram stick in, things whirr up and then shut down after 5 seconds.
    "working" ram stick in is about 19 seconds, which is the same as when i don't have any ram plugged in.
    :'(

6. Clorox

Clorox Drink Me...
    Staff Member Full Admin All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +25 / 2 / -0
    Dont you mean motherboard problems? Dadun Tsssss

7. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14

Ratings:
    +23 / 5 / -3
    Funny looking back at this. I still haven't managed to get it to post. I've had every problem in the goddamn book.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod community. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers, including our TTT server in Garry's Mod. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!