Orlando

Discussion in 'Previous Announcements' started by Jin&Tonic, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    A few days ago the worst mass shooting in the history of the United States occurred. The result was 49 innocent victims killed, 53 more wounded, just because of who they loved. When I heard the news, I felt sick to my stomach, and as the number of victims was updated throughout the day, the sickness grew.

I'm still sick to my stomach, I'm hurt, I'm in pain, and I'm angry. In a world quick to lay blame and point fingers, I, like many others, just want to remember the victims, and keep their families in my thoughts and prayers.

Accept those who are different than you, embrace diversity, and learn from varied opinions. This attack stemmed from a hatred of people simply on the basis of who they loved. I hope that all of you, your friends, and your family are safe; I hope that we can learn to accept others for their differences, and help make the dream of a safer world a reality.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Love Love x 7
    • Super Approved Super Approved x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. B4L

B4L Touhou Fanatic
    Donator

Ratings:
    +96 / 10
    The thing that scares me is. This incident happened a hour drive away from my house...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. slwpkr

slwpkr 1 Shot, 1 Kill, No Luck, All Skill
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +29 / 2
    I was also about an hour from it when it happened, and now I'm about a 15 Minute Drive from Pulse. I still can't believe that this happened, and when I first heard about the body count, and seeing it go up and up throughout the day, made me feel like no where is safe from things like this.

4. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    Anyone who wants to can go register a gun they can use to go to an unarmed area and kill as many people as possible. You would think that with all of the recent mass shootings in the United States they would reconsider such policies.

5. Newt

Newt "Great we're all bloody inspired."
    Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 2
    I will keep all the families in my prayers for sure, innocent Americans should never ever have to die. I would like to see us as Americans take initiative to stop terrorist attacks from happening.

6. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Thank you for the awesome message Joe. I am wishing the best for all the families of te victims of the Pulse Nightclub shooting, and I hope that the LGBT community won't give up in moving forward to equality on this planet because of this incident.

This should also serve as a lesson for the United States, for allowing a man who has been accused of terrorism suspicion TWICE and has beaten his wife to buy an automatic weapon. Surely congress will take action and improve gun laws. No one in the public, especially a man like this needs an automatic gun, even for hunting.

This act should not slow down, but speed up awareness for LGBT rights- keep calm and carry on :)

7. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Same :bag:

8. ۞۩Average M8۩۞

۞۩Average M8۩۞ Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I live near Orlando. Three hour drive to it

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice