How did you get your username/Best username you've seen?

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Machigai, Apr 5, 2016.

1. The Creature of Crete

Ratings:
    +16 / 2
    How I got my username: Originally i had another Character named "Ascension" and his Evil counterpart was Descension,so. Yeah.
    best username i've seen is: "That guy over there" Minecraft,back around 4-5 Years.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Machigai

Machigai Sleeping Is Bliss

Ratings:
    +74 / 5
    love reading how everyone got their names/ best names you've seen \o/
    thanks for posting guys \o/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Levi Heichou

Levi Heichou Unwavering

Ratings:
    +20 / 3
    How I got my name: Attack on Titan

Best username I have ever seen: I don't really memorize other people's usernames unless I have constant interaction with them i.e. HG members but no one here has a standout name

4. Sick

Sick Rage-Inducing Activity

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    My username is from a song by Beartooth

5. TeZonIVeX

TeZonIVeX Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    How i got my name. Well i used to make up weird names likes razorfin or something stupid like that(not saying my current is any better) and i decided to make an officail name. so i decided to pick 3 letters and capitalze them. TZI was what i picked. it progressed to TZIVX. after that i wanted a name that i could say instead of reciting letters. so i added "e" "on" and another "e". It became tezonivex and i liked the look of the original 5 letters remaining capitalized. So now its TeZonIVeX, pronounced "tez" "oni" "Vex" (the oni trips most people up. i use TeZonI ,TeZon, and TeZ but most just call me TeZ or TeZon. ( i just say to call me TeZ). thanks for your time!

6. TeZonIVeX

TeZonIVeX Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    i forget almost every other username that ive seen accept for my friends on steam

7. Musical

Musical Eoj Charlie is my Hero
    Donator

Ratings:
    +66 / 3
    How I got my username: I like listening to music.
    Best name I've seen: Super Jelly Electric Frog Man

8. Agniratha

Agniratha Time to tip the scales!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +415 / 37
    Original name: Escalfrio
    Reason: Misspelt Escalofrio as a nickname for a chandelure in Pokemon Black

Current name: Hyper
    Reason: Undertale
    Asriel "God of Hyperdeath" Dreemur
    God of Hyperdeath
    Hyperdeath
    Hyper as the others sounded too edgy

9. BirdE

BirdE Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I got mine from a friend of mine when I asked for a username, idk xD

10. Keith David

Keith David Sufficiently Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    How I got my username: I played Saints Row IV and instantly fell in love with the legendary Keith David.
    Best username I've seen: Bleach

11. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I realized I never responded to this:
    I was playing a sci-fi MMO, and I had to pick an alien sound name. So I reversed my name to Eoj Nawoh. I started using that for Steam since I was tired of my old username. After a bit, I found that it was too easy to find my real name from the original name. Also, there wasn't an easy way to say my name, many couldn't pronounce Eoj or Nawoh, so I changed Nawoh to Charlie. A character I liked from a book.

That being said, I've been considering a name change, so we'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    I never quite understood how to actually pronounce Eoj, it was a tie between just saying E-O-J or Yoge.

13. Party Lux

Party Lux Positively Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +67 / 7
    I've went through many usernames
    1. Meta Stuff - Meta was a trickshotting clan and stuff was a short version of another name
    2. Stuff - Removed it after the clan was disbanned
    3. Imabucket - my aunt said our last name had something to do with buckets (also my instagram name)
    4. Partylux - stole it from this.. I used to play league alot now i Don't

14. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Or just Joe

15. TM

TM Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    I actually got my name from my initials, my first name is Tristan and my last in Moran. So I simply used the first letter of each. So original, so creative.

16. Newt

Newt "Great we're all bloody inspired."
    Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 2
    Got mine from Newt Dobbs a character in a western movie called Lonesome Dove.

17. Ninjypuppy

Ninjypuppy Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I got my name from my favorite pokemon and my favorite pass time.

18. Just Navlis

Just Navlis Face-Meltingly Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 3
    my name? simple:

"navlis" is my name backwards and because there are so many navlises from some reason i put a "just" in front of it

Tadaa "Just Navlis"

my real name is silvan btw nnow that you know read it backwards

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    Just over 7 years ago, I came up with the name 'Taser' for my Pikachu in the Pokémon games. Around that time, I also started my Pokémon page up on Facebook (go check it out y'all - https://www.facebook.com/SoWhatIfIStillPlayPokemon/), and I couldn't think of a pseudonym to use as my page tag. That was until a friend of mine started referring to me with my Pikachu's name, Taser. I've been known to my page, on Steam and to certain friends as Taser ever since then.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    My name is Reggie because my body is always ready for video games. No on a serious note, on July 17th, 2015, Satoru Iwata has passed away. In order to remember his death, I had my name related to Nintendo and the tag 'RIPIWATA'. I only had that tag for a day and removed it a month later. But, it turned out that i kept my Nintendo name and it got stuck to my username on steam. And that Nintendo name was Reggie.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice