hey again,i wanna chat with the community about something

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by irondeathstroke, Nov 6, 2016.

1. irondeathstroke

irondeathstroke Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hey all,irondeathstroke here,and i need to talk to you about something.so lately,and im not sure why,there have been alot of recently rising toxic behavior on some of the all trade servers,such as racism,trolls,scammers,and just generally bad people.so i was trying to think of ideas to try to lower this type of behavior.the whole reason i posted this was so you could put in the thread if you have any ideas,or just anything to try to lower this behavior.thanks for reading this thread
    -Sincerely
    irondeathstroke

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    Hello @irondeathstroke and future readers,

I understand your concerns. While at times we do get a lot of players who do plan to break rules and cause trouble on our servers, each and every situation gets dealt with by our staff. If no staff members are on the server while someone is causing trouble, players can always use our !calladmin feature which allows you to report a player where admins may view them outside of servers. You may even file a Server report on our forum right here on this site.

There really aren't any ways to lower this "toxic" behavior from other players. If someone is breaking a rule, it will be handled. But we can't prevent such behavior 100% from joining. As for scammers, they will automatically be banned from our servers if they are marked on SteamRep. So preventing scammers from joining is much easier than preventing future trouble from players with bad behavior as we need to see it before we take action if you know what I mean.

Long ago, before I became a staff member at Harpoon, i've always thought that if one person was banned on one community, they should be banned from other communities as well. So for example, a popular website such as Backpack.tf, if someone was banned on there, they should be banned on all trade communities as well. But thinking about it, that's a really bad idea and is actually quite unfair to the person.

Anyways, we understand it can be frustrating to have such players on the server as they can ruin the fun for others and just cause unnecessary trouble. But that's why we have a group of wonderful staff moderating the servers each day! :)

P.S. We're always listening to what you guys have to say. If you'd like to suggest something, we're not stopping you. We're here to listen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice