Amin's responses from your questions.

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Reggie, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    Hello everyone!
    From those that don't know, there was a qna session where you were allowed to ask questions to amin and he will respond. Well, he has answered most of your guys' questions so enjoy the answers!

"What made you want to join Harpoon?" -Dio
    I thought it was a great community and I had made many friends here.

"Why are you so short" -Aquaa
    It's called genetics. The average height for Moroccan men is 5'8 and I'm about 5'9-5'10, so I'm actually a bit taller than the average.

"Having been apart of Harpoon essentially since it's creation, and having been Chief of Staff for most of the time since, did the pressure ever get to you of being up to by the community?"
    -reDRagon
    The pressure has definitely gotten to me various times throughout my time on staff. There have been times where people have depended on me and I haven't been able to deliver. However while there can be a lot of pressure, getting things done that change the community for the better, make it all worth it.

"Do you feel as if HG molded your personality inside and out of the community?" -reDRagon
    Harpoon has definitely shaped me as a person. I have learned a lot of values from the people I met through Harpoon.

"When and why did you decide to join Harpoon?" -iTrade
    I joined Harpoon back in March of 2014. At the time I was running my own small server and community, Eoj Charlie then offered to merge our communities and I accepted. I thought it was a great chance to become a part of something bigger.

"Why have we seen such a decline of activity from staff members over a period of multiple months and how much do you think this has had an effect on the servers losing more and more users?" -iTrade
    We have been experiencing problems that has hindered us from adding new staff members. Staff members come and go naturually, however because of these problems, we haven't been add more staff members than we're losing. I definitely think it has had an impact on the servers, but it's just one of those we'll have to work hard for once we are able to add new staff members.

"Why are you thicc?" -Gorrah
    No comment.

"How's Charlie doing?" -Gorrah
    He's doing fine, he will be back eventually.

"Where did you get the name Nimajin?" -Gorrah
    Took my real name, which is Amin and put it backwards. Then I combined it with "jin", which is a character from the Tekken game franchise.

"What are the plans to repopulate the servers?" -Gorrah
    I'm personally going to be a lot more on from the 1st of next month as I graduate this month.

"r u big geyy?" -Gorrah
    :)

"How old are you?" -Gorrah
    I'm currently 19

"Do you like PewDiePie and are you are of M e m e R e v i e w?" -Gorrah
    While I don't watch all his videos, I am a fan of his recent contet and M e m e R e v i e w.

"Do you like A n i m e?" -Gorrah
    It really depends on what it is. I used to watch a lot of shows, but have barely watched anything for a long time now.

"What do you think of the current state of CS:GO's market?" -Gorrah
    I'm not quite sure what to think of it honestly. Steam is restricting a lot of websites and whatnot, that were a big part of the trading scene. We'll honestly just have to see if the 7-day restriction is ever going to get reverted or not.

"What's your opinion on global warming?" -Nebrassy
    Not something I think about on a daily basis, but we gotta keep the earth safe #GoGreen

"Why has All-Trade 3 been down or laggy in recent weeks?" -Kronos
    The server is currently down while we look into issues that the server has been having. Once it is back, everything should be back to normal and the users who weren't able to join due to a bug should once again be able to join

"Any IRL hobbies?" -Awoo
    Nothing super interesting. Usually just to hang out with friends.

"Do you have a job?" -Awoo
    I don't have a "regular" job right now, however I do have an income from streaming.

"How are things going IRL?" -Awoo
    Things are going great, thank you for asking! I get my diploma on the 29th of this month. I hope everything's going well for you too.

"Any pets?" -Awoo
    My brother has a bunny called Romeo

"Favorite animal?" -Awoo
    Probably cats or dogs.

"What's your biggest dream?" -Awoo
    My biggest dream would probably just be to have a job that I have a burning passion for. Other than that, I'd like to just see where life takes me.

"Ever had a dream unusual for TF2? Did you ever get it?" -Awoo
    It's not exactly an unusual, however the H.O.U.W.A.R was a dream hat of mine that I got back in 2013. I eventually sold it and got myself a sunbeams Tosslecap which I used to get a burning Tosslecap.

"What's your happiest memory?" -Awoo
    I'm not sure what would be my happiest memory. It'll probably be when I graduate and get my diploma.

"Biggest fear?" -Awoo
    Losing the ones close to me.

"Still a virgin? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" -Awoo
    I'll leave that one up to you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thank you so much for your contributions for this event. this would not be possible without you guys. Stay tuned for the next staff member as you will be able to ask questions to a staff member every month.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. awoo~

awoo~ Awooooooooo~
    Donator

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks for answering my questions I really appreciate you taking the time to do stuff like this for the community and other staff members it allows us to know alot more about you c:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gorrah

Gorrah Notably Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    "The interview will be uploaded to our YouTube channel once we have finished the recording. " ?

4. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    amins busy so we decided to do a thread for now. we will do recordings in the future. Sorry for the miscommunication.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice