Accepted [All-Trade 3 Ban Appeal]: 76561198099226445 (ᴳʸᴺHyeSkyyᴸᴮᴴ)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by HyeSkyy, Apr 10, 2017.

1. HyeSkyy

HyeSkyy Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    ᴳʸᴺHyeSkyyᴸᴮᴴ

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    “repeated use of n-word after warned”

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    Hey there, Harpoon Gaming. Before I start typing about why my appeal should be granted, I want to state that I have no intention of directed disrespect in any statement that I make to you here. I say that in any case my tone ends up being misinterpreted by whatever voice you give me in your head. I will certainly do my best to avoid words or connotation that would invoke anything other than a professional tone. I’m an Admin over at Snipezilla and it has been my experience that in these situations, things can easily get misconstrued over the littlest of phrases.

Onward,
It’s been many months since my ban. The precise date and time is 09-05-16 at 4:41 A.M. by Sparky. After seeing that I had been banned from all servers entirely, my initial thought was, “Wow.” I do recall some of the circumstances in which my banning took place, but not entirely as I admittedly had been drinking that evening for far too long prior to entering your servers. In my own recollection the next day, I did not see such cause in my actions as to receive a permanent ban (I wasn’t sure until many months later. I thought maybe a week or month, but certainly not permanently) on each HG server. Under my ban, my disbelief is evident in how I have attempted to enter a total of 24 times over the course of the past 6 months which I would not have even attempted had I felt it a justifiable ban. It is my belief that I was banned under the pretense of “repeated use of n-word after warned” only as a plausible excuse to ban me, but not the actual cause. The reason I state that is due to knowing that I did not say “the n-word” in any way that was directed to someone as a derogatory statement (Ex: “F*** you, n*****”, “Stop being a n*****”, “You’re a f****** n*****” etc.) but was stated more in the terms of “bro”, ”dude”, “man”, etc. After being warned of such, I do admit that I found the warning ridiculous (under the inebriated state I was in; however soberly speaking, I credit the respect for the need to warn me as some do get offended) and sarcastically reacted after my warning. I feel that I wasn’t permanently banned for that specific reason, but actually because I was killing a mild-sized group of individuals that were being friendly on both teams and not wanting to get killed. I recall getting a lot more anger from that than the words that were coming out of my mouth. I believe that if you want to be friendly with people on the opposite team, join that opposing team or go to a server or sectioned off area of the map that encourages that, not expect everyone to abide by that “friendly” code when they’re playing the game to shoot other members of the opposing team. They were right out in the open part of the map by the pool if I remember correctly. I consider myself a very friendly person, but I play the game to shoot, not sit around. Even further, my killing of the individuals was not personal in any way. But I believe it was taken personally and then was targeted once an excuse arrived that could justify me being banned. Thus it came, thus I went. I back that accusation up with believing that a Communication Ban, even both voice AND even text if I became enough of a problem, could have been issued as an effective way to stop my offensive language from upsetting anyone. But seeing as that language was not used in any way to speak down to any person, it was still a justifiable ban and solution to disrupting their fun because the word was said.

I also understand that my memory of the event could be serving as my own self-justification, so I would applaud hearing the other side of the story that provides a more thorough explanation and justification for a permanent server ban and not a communication ban of any type. If I am recalling this entirely wrong and did indeed deserve a permanent ban on your servers, then I by all means respect and will continue to respect that decision with no more disruption of appeal. I did enjoy the time that I did have once I discovered your servers and certainly never caused any problems outside of this. I hope that will serve me well in your observation and decision. I wish you all well and apologize for any inconvenience of your time.

Thank you for your thoughts,
    -Skyy

2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Your ban is under review. I'm not the banning admin, but a few things to note:
    1. We don't ban people for killing friendlies.
    2. We don't issue communication bans, if we feel a player is causing issue on our trade servers, a communication ban wouldn't make much sense, as they wouldn't be able to trade, and would then be taking up a slot. We use bans from our servers, not communication bans to deal with rule breaking.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HyeSkyy

HyeSkyy Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, that actually makes perfect sense. That honestly didn't even cross my mind. I guess because I've seen communication bans on other trade servers, I thought this would be quite similar. I completely understand that now. Thank you for the review.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    This appeal is accepted. Please be mindful that we don't allow any racist terms, regardless of the intent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HyeSkyy

HyeSkyy Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much, Eoj Charlie. Not only for accepting my appeal, but for doing so in such a timely manner. I will certainly be more cautious as to not create any more problems of this kind or of any other nature. Well wishes.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice