Accepted [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198319786948 "Gentleman Spy"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Deus, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: William Cheeksplitter
    | steam3ID: [U:1:359521220]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:179760610
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198319786948
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/deusthegamer
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198319786948

Please provide Steam IDs or SteamRep Profile data blocks for all alternate or related accounts

Describe the incident that resulted in your ban
    It was a usual spycrab wager. I do not remember the details because it was 3 years ago. But looking at the thread which describes my ban with the evidence says that I refused to pay a wager on 1 scrap.

https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/76561198319786948-gentleman-spy.39002/ - the ban thread.

Please provide any evidence or information you wish to provide
    Back when I recieved the ban I did not know that I would get flagged as a scammer permanently. That said when I got flagged I was 15-16 and we all know 15 year olds. I understand what I did back then and I just recently came back to the game and I wish I could get my scammer flag/server ban appealed because Trading is a part of the game, you could say a huge part of the game. And looking at the details of the evidence in the log in the ban thread I refused to pay 1 scrap, if that is what is precisely said there that is.
    If needed I am willing to pay the person I owe that 1 scrap.

If your appeal is granted, what steps would you take to prevent a similar incident in the future
    Honestly I do not know how you can prevent scamming...
    Make sure that the person has the item/currency they are declaring to wager I guess.
    You could introduce a server admin to the deal as a third party to distribute the wager to the winning side as well. Or a trusted figure which you are certain that they won't scam when given the chance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Wicked Active
    Staff Member Head Admin Forum Staff Reports Staff Appeals Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My account is f2p and I can't send friend invites, nor I can do trading because as I said I recently got back to steam and I had to recover this account by removing the authenticator. I can't post a comment on his steam profile either for some reason. I can't contact the person.
    If you wish to test if I am lying or not here is my trade link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=359521220&token=vG1PYK8j
    I doubt that it will even show up properly.
    A friend recently wanted to gift me a hat he does not need and as sort of a gift for me getting back into the game, but he can't give it to me because I can't trade. [​IMG]

TL;DR: I can't trade because I recently came back to steam and tf2 in general and I still can't contact the said person because my account is free to play and is therefore restricted from sending friend invites.

4. Tio José das Vacas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Then why would you make a bet?

5. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was 3 years ago... and one scrap... srsly

6. Tio José das Vacas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Victim is active. Giving you 14 days to repay.

7. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    upload_2020-9-4_16-37-0.png
    so this is what happened

8. Tio José das Vacas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You need to add the victim and chat with him. Need to see screenshots of the chat and see evidence that you repaid. You need to have a chat with the victim no matter what. Add him and talk with him.
    Don't forget to screenshot all the chat you have/had with the victim.

9. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude I texted him on his wall. I told him about the scrap i owe him... he straight up told me to keep it what more proof do you want?

10. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I literally don't know why this is necessary... I contacted the victim and they clearly do not want to get back the item I owe them. Can we please stop this bullshit and get rid of the scammer tag because I am already tired of this meaningless process.

11. Deus

Deus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    upload_2020-9-6_23-36-6.png

Attached Files:

12. Tio José das Vacas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This is under review.

13. Tio José das Vacas

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice to see the chat you had with him.
    It's clear you still don't fully understand what you did wrong.
    However, I'm giving you a chance.
    Appeal granted. Best of luck.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice