Declined [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198097816648 "Stormy Night"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Stormy Night, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormy Night

Stormy Night Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: Stormy Night
    | steam3ID: [U:1:137550920]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:68775460
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097816648
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198097816648

Please provide Steam IDs or SteamRep Profile data blocks for all alternate or related accounts
    I do not have any alternate nor related accounts relating to my main account.

Describe the incident that resulted in your ban
    I Spycrabbed with someone for one ref. However my internet lately has been cutting out, on and off, on and off and around a minute after the spy crab my Internet cut off.
    This is not at all an excuse, i am just explaining why i might have left right after.
    I logged back in, around 10-30 minutes after i logged out ( cant remember how long ) and nothing was being said about the spycrab. So I forgot about it aswell.
    Which was completely wrong of me, and i SHOULD have given the victim his winnings.
    A few hours later, the victim sent me a trade request and was explaining that I needed to pay him the ref. However I was completely confused at the time as it was hours ago. I was trying to figure out what was going on. Which I shouldnt have. I should have given him the ref as we had agreed on.
    He had left the trade and said he was going to report me. I didnt think much about it. One of the staff members asked me to pay the victim, I asked why but I unfortunately never received a response, which is understandable, the HG staff are very busy and hard working.
    I was then banned while i was sleeping, and found out in the morning.

Please provide any evidence or information you wish to provide
    Evidence of trade will be uploaded.

If your appeal is granted, what steps would you take to prevent a similar incident in the future
    Ok. So I would firstly like to start off with apologising to the entire TF2 trading community.
    At the time I was arrogant and foolish. Not paying the victim was wrong. The chief of staff managed to set me on the right track to why I was banned, and for that I am thankful. I am completely aware about this situation and feel terrible that i contributed to something the community which people are trying so hard to eradicate.
    I was given many opportunities to give this young man his ref, but I failed to do that. No excuses.
    I've been playing tf2 for a long while, and actually only started properly trading a couple of days ago.
    I am unfamiliar with spycrabbing, and should have listened to the rules more carefully.
    I have loved my trading times in Harpoon Gaming and all the other trading servers, and i would defiantly want to play and experience this awesome, unique community even more.
    I have thought about this a lot since I was banned, thinking of ways to prove myself to the community. If I managed to get unbanned, i would trade and spycrab a lot, and ask them politely to leave some sort of comment on my profile, confirming our successful trade/spycrab.
    I really want to prove myself to Harpoon Gaming and Steam rep that I can improve, and learn from my stupid mistakes.
    I have apologised to the victim personally and made sure that he knew I was genuinely sorry for my mistakes, and the trouble I have caused him. I didn't just keep his ref from him, I made him feel like he cant trust anyone to pay up on spycrab. And for that I really am sorry.
    I payed him back the ref and some extra, for the trouble i've caused, and i am hoping myself and him can be friends in the future.

I guarantee to all of you, that if i were unbanned i would prove my worthiness to your joyful community.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Stormy Night

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I dont mean to bump this thread, however I was wandering if I could get a response.
    I am very eager to start trading again, that is if i get accepted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stormy Night

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there!

I am just replying to this thread to make the reader aware that I am still currently playing tf2 and would appreciate a response!

Thank you!

4. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Stormy Night,

Apologize for the long wait. After careful consideration, we have opted to decline your appeal. While there may have been a misunderstanding with how Spycrabbing worked, as you claimed on Discord, you ultimately agreed to the rules and then refused to pay up after losing. Our plugin also clearly states who wins a Spycrab after it has concluded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice