Application Accepted Demo Dude's All-Trade Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Demo Dude, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demo Dude

Demo Dude Notably Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: Demo Dude ⇋HG⇌
    | steam3ID: [U:1:182159269]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:91079634
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142424997
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198142424997

Which server(s) do you wish to apply to be staff of?
    All-Trade

What position are you applying for?

How much time do you have in our servers?
    I go on the server everyday with an average of 1-2 hours but can be more

Please list your schedule of when you would be on the servers, include day, time, and timezone
    MON-FRI 4PM GMT SAT-SUN All day

How old are you?
    14 (15 on the 10th August)

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes I do but I don't use it because the laptop's fan is too loud and obnoxious so I don't want to annoy players

Tell us why you should be a staff member
    I'm a friendly Demoman main that simply enjoys the community and spending time with people. My rank at the moment is 45 out of 157,467 and my time is 13d 01:28:11 hours total. Currently I'm a donator which I use to stand out when I enforce rules. For example, when someone is spamming binds then I warn them at most 3 times then I call an admin to sort things out. A lot of people on the server know me quite well and I'm quite likeable by fellow players. If someone has an issue, I try my best to sort it out unless I physically can't. I do often see some people being hostile and I don't want to be dependant on admins when they can't join the server (Me having Moderator would allow me to enforce these rules on a larger scale to keep the community cleaner). I simply enjoy the server and I want for me and everyone to have a good time playing and trading. - Demo Dude

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Demo Dude, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. Aquaa

Aquaa Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    You certainly seem like a nice guy however I'd like to observe your behavior a little bit more before I continue with a +1/-1

+/-

Upon close observation of @Demo Dude 's actions I am ready to change my verdict to a +1. He is a friendly guy and he tries to enforce the server rules in his current position.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Aquaa, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. Demo Dude

Demo Dude Notably Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Okay, I understand and I'm willing to help so whenever I'm on, I can play and you can observe if you wish. ^^

4. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    -1. I don't see you that often on the servers. Also the below statement from your application irritates me.
    Staff members should enforce rules; not donators. When you see a problem it's best to use !calladmin or to file a report on the forums.

5. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    There's nothing wrong with regulars and donators trying to help enforce rules. If it works then it works. If further action is needed that's when you should use calladmin or make a report.

6. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    To me it sounds like he tries to enforce rules by making use of donator which, as far as I know, donator is not meant for. Maybe I understood him wrong but that's how it came across to me.

7. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Demo Dude,

Following the downtime we've had we would like to ask, are you still interested in becoming staff?

8. Demo Dude

Demo Dude Notably Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Absolutely. Even though there has been some time where the servers weren't up and people started leaving, I would still love to be a part of this community and help it grow better than ever. The people that I meet on the server are generally kind to one another and I want to introduce more people to the good-natured environment of the server. I'd still also want to make sure I can be rid of people who are being negative towards others or that are ruining the fun via comments or hacking or generally breaking rules.

9. Paragon7667

Paragon7667 Somewhat Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    +1 always friendly and is soiciable on the server

10. Demo Dude

Demo Dude Notably Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The stuff Sugoni said was true but also, you don't see me online often because of timezones so when I'm on, you're doing something else and vice versa which is why we rarely see each other.

11. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Demo Dude,

We have finished the initial review and have opened up for community input.

12. Deefect

Deefect Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    giving this boy a +1

13. Diggin

Diggin Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +9 / 5
    +1 friendly enough person, would reccomend to go buy me some eggs from the store (oh also good moderator)

14. Yachiumi

Yachiumi Scarcely Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    +1 they're friendly and help out a lot, they would make a great mod

15. Elohim Yuri

Elohim Yuri Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    +1 Demo is nice and kind, friendly and helping out other and talks a lot with people. I wish you good luck with the app.

16. Kronos

Kronos Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    +1 good person to talk to and is happy to help people when needed, would make a good mod

17. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Demo Dude,

We're going to hold a staff training session on Sunday at 4PM GMT and would like for you to be there. Find out what time that is in your own timezone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/
    We will be using Mumble to communicate, see the following thread to find out how to set it up: https://forum.harpoongaming.com/mumble

It should be noted that this doesn't mean your application has been accepted, but we'd like to train you and make a decision afterwards.

18. Demo Dude

Demo Dude Notably Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Awesome, I'll make sure I'll be there. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice