Declined [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198127149121 "Doorbell/Durrbill"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Durrbill, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: Doorbell
    | steam3ID: [U:1:166883393]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:83441696
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198127149121
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/doorbell_
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198127149121

Description
    Recently, I checked my account on backpack.tf just to check on some pricing, and noticed I had the "scammer" tag for steamrep. I was incredibly confused, as I hadn't even traded for quite a while. I did some digging, and I found that steamrep listed one of my alt accounts as this. After looking through the evidence archive in this forum, I found he had "Failed to pay up after losing multiple wagered spycrab."

I've found the evidence thread which proves him guilty. https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/76561198127171122-navysurels.35540/

As I've said earlier, I haven't participated in trading in quite a while, and I don't recall ever participating in an actual spycrab with anything on the line.

Please provide any and all evidence
    Now, this is not my alternate account. This is instead a relative of mine's account. We share a home and the same router. My guess is that steamrep assumed that, due to IP we share, that is my alternate account. And thus, I was steamrep banned as well. This is my actual alternate account.

A bit off-topic on the evidence, but if you look at each of our profiles, mine, and his, you can see that these are easily separate accounts, as we've been doing our own thing for three years now. There is very little evidence that this would be my alt account, or that I would be conducting any of the actions performed on this account.

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    Misc. links
    My profile, My steamrep

My relative's (actually guilty) profile, His steamrep

Please let me know if you would like any more information.
    I hope you will consider my appeal.

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

2. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, I hate to self-bump this kind of thread, but it's been more than a months since this appeal, and I've been eager to get back to trading. Thanks in advance.

3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    What relation do you have to the user? And have you ever shared access to each other's accounts? Or do you use the same computer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The user is my brother. We have shared access momentarily, however this was only to enable game sharing on each other's computers. We have our own computers. I do not allow him to access my account, and he does not allow access to his account to me.

5. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You have a ban from Marketplace.tf for charging back a transaction, can you please explain the nature and reasoning of that ban?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently noticed this when checking my rep.tf page. I have very little idea of why the ban was issued. I do not recall ever charging back a transaction. I had always gone through with marketplace.tf transactions, and have had no ill intentions whenever purchasing from the site. There may have been some sort of issue on another end of the transaction, and if there was, I had no part in causing it. As of now, I am unsure as to why the ban was issued.

7. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Are you able to contact them and resolve it?

8. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not attempted to contact them yet, however I will be submitting a support ticket now to see if I am able to resolve it.

9. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, it's been about two days, and I'm not sure on how long it will take until I get a reply. Is there anything else I should do/know about the situation until then?

10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I would like a response from them before moving forward.

11. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright, so forty eight days later and no response still. I honestly don't know if they'll ever get back to me. I'd like to request if I could get down to a "caution" tag on steamrep, since I don't know when or if I'll get that chargeback fraud ban removed. Of course, I'll still let you know if I do happen to get a response. Thanks in advance.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I've reached out to Marketplace, I'll see if I can get their input.

13. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you gotten a response, or any news on the situation?

14. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I think two months is enough time to warrant a bump, asking the same thing as above - has marketplace.tf responded, or have we gotten a verdict? Sorry for another bump, again. I added you to discuss the matter, but you removed me afterwards (I'm assuming because you forgot who I am). Thanks.

15. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I have not yet heard back from Marketplace. I've sent a followup.

16. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been a little over a year now, and I think by now, even if no further replies are given by Marketplace, that changing my tag from "banned" to "caution" would be justified given the circumstances.

17. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Durrbill,

Could you please reach out to Marketplace regarding your ban from their website and sort out the situation with them.

18. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll submit another ticket on the matter and let you know when/if I get a response.

19. Durrbill

Durrbill Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Nimajin They got back to my ticket and said there's nothing they can do about the marketplace ban.

20. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I apologize however given the fact you've admitted your brother has had access to your account and the ban from Marketplace, I do not feel that removing the ban on your account is proper.

Appeal declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice