Application Declined tikupra's All-Trade Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by tikupra, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tikupra

tikupra Scarcely Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: tikupra ⇋HG⇌
    | steam3ID: [U:1:80858976]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:40429488
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041124704
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tikupra
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198041124704

Which server(s) do you wish to apply to be staff of?
    All-Trade

What position are you applying for?

How much time do you have in our servers?
    5d 07:57:38

Please list your schedule of when you would be on the servers, include day, time, and timezone
    Every day ~11am - 1am (GMT+3/+2 (Finland DST)) | 4pm - ~11pm if work begins.

How old are you?

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    I have a mic and I can use it if need be, but I rely heavily on chat due to very fast typing and my thick finnish accent which can make it hard to understand me if I need to talk a lot. Still, granted, if need so be I can use mic no problem.

Tell us why you should be a staff member
    I've not been in HG that much yet, but I've already made tons of friends and everyone here seems to just sync and click into place.
    I've had my disagreements with Conchu, which I personally thought needed to be talked out and I did, and I'm always provoking some friendly competition.

I've noticed an alarming rate of rule breakers, mainly disrespect and voice spam, and during the times I am online not many people with power to kick or ban seem to be online, which is not great for the people in the server.

I play TF2 daily, and 99% of the time it's on All-Trade 3 where I'm as active as I can be. I've got previous experience from moderator all the way up to Co-Owner/Community Manager (TK's Butt Bash server), and tons of Moderator experience from Garry's Mod way back in the day.

I've had times when I've been agitated, but I'd never mix playing into moderating, those are two different things. I make all my actions justified.

All in all, I'm loving HG a lot, and hope to be a closer part of it, as it is a great bunch of people I've learned to like a lot.

I'm not the most active on the forums, but I feel like the servers are the "majority" of HG and I am active veery often on All-Trade 3

As for Mumble, I'll gladly start being there more often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @tikupra

After a long discussion regarding your application, we have unfortunately decided to decline your application. Before and during the submission of your app, we have noticed various remarks and behaviour which we look down upon, especially when one is trying to apply for staff. Remarks such as telling people to kill themselves or trolling other users isn't acceptable. If you would like to re-apply, please focus on improving your behaviour on the servers and towards other users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice