Harpoon Gaming turns 5 Years Old

Discussion in 'Previous Announcements' started by Jin&Tonic, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    On August 15, 2012, I had recently graduated, and was soon going to begin college. With all of my free time, I wanted to start a community that could be better than the ones that existed. Somewhere for people of all ages to be welcome, and a place where people could find a home. I started Harpoon. (Fun fact, for about two weeks it was a MvM server as I learned more and more about server configuration.)

As the months passed, hundreds of people came and helped. From our staff, to assistance from other community admins, we had an amazing group of people advocating for us, and our luck has only grown since.

Now, Harpoon turns 5 years old. In 5 years, we've all grown. We've had staff come and go, we've had countless regulars, and community members honor our servers with their presence. Even I've grown, I'm now a college graduate working a full-time job.

We've had a lot of fun, and we continue to expand and look toward our future. Not only do we have a lot of great changes and servers coming in the future, we'll be trying to expand our presence on social media, YouTube, Twitch, and with all of you. We hope that in the coming months, we'll be able to get more staff members and community contributors to help grow Harpoon further.

Overall, I've been lucky to find so many great people to help with Harpoon. They've helped grow this community to something far beyond what I originally planned.

And none of that would be possible without you. Our regulars, and users who visit our servers daily, you're the ones who keep this community alive, I hope that you'll take part in our changes, and the new things coming to Harpoon. And in honor of Harpoon's Birthday, we'll be hosting a large birthday party event on the weekend of August 25th. We hope to see you there!

In short, I hope to see you on the weekend of August 25th for the events, and thank you so much for being a part of Harpoon Gaming.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Love x 12
    • Cake x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Just Navlis

Just Navlis Face-Meltingly Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 3
    25th? thats my birthday lmao

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DRagon

DRagon Phenomenal
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +104 / 7
    I've spent a good portion of my teenage years here. I'm proud to say that HG is by far the best community I've ever had the privilege to be apart of and watch grow. It's in a league of its own. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not an emotional ass man, but reflecting on all this brings tears to the eyes.

4. Cake_Enterprise

Cake_Enterprise Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    Its great to see how far this community has gotten. We have all had good times together. And I hope to have more good times for as long as we can.

5. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    I have grown up with this community and its members. I have matured to who I am today in part because of the amazing opportunities I have had within this wonderful place and it's intensely passionate members. I have loved every bit of my time here and I am so grateful I found myself in our ttt server over 2 years. I wish you the very best of birthdays Harpoon Gaming, and more to come.

6. Sal

Sal Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Harpoon Gaming forever! I will always support it and try my best to keep it alive. Thank you Charlie for creating the best TF2 community and servers.

7. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Thanks Joe, thanks everybody. I spent a pretty large amount of my time on the internet here, without any regrets to this day. My absence aside, I'm looking forward to many great years to come.

Time flies, doesn't it?

8. slwpkr

slwpkr 1 Shot, 1 Kill, No Luck, All Skill
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +29 / 2
    My Birthday As Well ;) haha

9. slwpkr

slwpkr 1 Shot, 1 Kill, No Luck, All Skill
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +29 / 2
    Happy 5th Harpoon, I wish I could've been on the past year or so, been having a lot of Internet Problems, hopefully soon I'll be able to play again.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice