Application Declined Soldier™'s All-Trade Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Soldier™, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: Soldier™ ⇋HG⇌
    | steam3ID: [U:1:303198541]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:151599270
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198263464269
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/soldiercool
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198263464269

Which server(s) do you wish to apply to be staff of?
    All-Trade

What position are you applying for?

How much time do you have in our servers?
    7 days on AT3 and about 6 hours on AT2 (i mainly stay on AT3, but i will also go on AT2 if there are people there)

Please list your schedule of when you would be on the servers, include day, time, and timezone
    Mon-Fri 10 AM-10 PM EEST
    Sat 9 AM-1 PM, 5 PM-11 PM EEST
    Sun 9 AM-12 PM, 4 PM-11 PM EEST

How old are you?
    12 (13 in August)

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do and I use it really frequentely

Tell us why you should be a staff member
    I feel like since my last aplication, I have changed my behaviour and I consider that I can control my emotions much better. This community is amazing and I want to help prevent it from scammers/sharkers and prevent any problems in AT servers. I am really open for meeting new people and I am really polite with every player that adresses to me or that I adress to. Over all, I am a pretty nice and friendly guy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Medic

The Medic Notably Active

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    +0, In your application you state to have better control over emotions. That's great! Looked up your previous application, Do you feel you've improved your chat style and content to better fit a staff member?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Yeah, I do! I always help the people that want to know anything related to the server, and always tell people if they are doing something against the rules or if they are doing something wrong.

4. some goober

some goober Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Soldier's a good person. Had some fun times with him in-game. Not going to comment on how I think he can hold a position of "authority". Just wanted to point out he's a nice guy.

5. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Thanks buddy! :)

6. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Just a quick incident that happened today:
    I was on the server just casually trading and watching out for people that break the rules and a guy just started mic spamming a song. I told him to stop multiple times, but he kept on going. Everyone on the server but me was encouraging him. At first, I called The Medic to mute him but in the meanwhile, he started another song. Until The Medic came, he has already sang 2 songs. I wish that i could've been a moderator and be able to mute him in the first place.

7. Cake_Enterprise

Cake_Enterprise Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    +0 Have seen you join mumble a number of times. However anytime I see you, you always remain muted/defened and proceed to stay that way. Nor to my knowledge that you have interacted with much of the staff and regulars in mumble. Is there a reason for this?

#7 Cake_Enterprise, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  8. Ja.

Ja. Jajaja!

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    +0 I usually see you in the servers a lot, but you always seem to be AFK, and not really interacting with others. I'm sure you're a super rad dude, I'd just like to see a little more movement from you :p

9. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    The main reason why I don't use mic is because I don't really know how mumble works. I heard it's like discord, but the interface is harder to understand (at least for me). If you can teach me what all of the buttons up there do, I would highly appreciate it and start using voice chat more! :)

10. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    I am only AFK on the server when I sleep/ when I'm away. Maybe we got a bad timing. I'm actually pretty active on the server :)
    I'm looking forward to meeting u in the server when I'm actually not AFK :)

#10 Soldier™, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Soldier™

We would like to thank you for applying for a position here. Unfortunately, we have decided to decline your application. We feel as if there has been no significant change from last time you applied (in terms of time or activity on servers/mumble). Your total time hasn't gone up much since the last time you applied (July 7th, 2017). The reason we say this is because we have noticed that you have been AFK/idling in the server, trying to gain hours for the application requirements. Whether you're trying to do so, or are simply being afk in the server due to work/school/sleeping, we feel that doing that is a wrong way at being 'active' on our community, and are concerned about it. We recommend that if you plan on going afk or sleeping, to exit the game to prevent issues this the one highlighted above from happening. When you're able to increase your activity in server and time within our community, feel free to re-apply.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice