Application Declined Nicholas Concu's All-Trade Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Nicholas Concu, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas Concu

Nicholas Concu Unwavering

Ratings:
    +15 / 3
    Whatever you said are lies, i do not talk over other people when they advertise becuase i only advetise through chat, i rarely use the demo charge and i dont use it on the walls when i do. I dont disrispect admins in any shape or form, and I already explained as to why I wrote those things.
    Unless you have video proof of me doing the demo charge on the walls, talking over advertisements or me being '' trollish '' towards admins and staff makes me belive that you guy's actualy didn't do much discussion on my application. After taking this all in this is just an excuse for not letting me become staff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nahgefae

Nahgefae Unwavering

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Okay I gotta say a piece, now before reading this I bat for no team, I do not have a side, I'm just speaking.

The argument of old vs new, regardless of date does reflect, but if it's old he very well may have matured and changed, we cannnot go off old incidents because if they've matured and we went off old incidents we are not giving them a chance. Whilst yes in both real life and harpoon your past reflects who you was and what you've done, the present dictates who you ARE and what you are CURRENTLY doing.

Now whenever I've been in server, never have I once had him talk over someone advertising, or demo charge into walls, or even seen trollish behaviour from him, but that's only what I've seen, I cannot speak on behalf of other staff members.

As for taking comments out of context this is very debatable, a comment is a comment in any context nice or not, but the problem is people can grow frustrated when there are no staff one and someones breaking rules, so the comment "stfu dark" made to dark when he was mic spamming I cannot fairly say we should penalize him for it.

The only problem is the staff gave negative reasons for him to be staff, but then the regulars all gave positive! Which is really strange considering the regulars are probably around nich more than we staff are. And it's not like regulars are only allowed to post nice comment,s I'm sure if they had a genuine complaint about nich being staff they'd voice up.

At the end of the day when our community gives such positive feedback and the staff doesn't (not necesarrily all staff) it's a conflict, because it could potentially be that some staff may just not like nich, but I cannot say.

Do not see this as going against either prson, I am not here to pick a side nor am I here to pick fights. Though I personally think we should give nich a second shot at an application, because we cannot hold old evidence against him as if we did that to everyone, I know for one I probably wouldn't be staff as I wasn't always the best person, we all change and if we go off old comments/actions and not new ones, we are still judging them off their old selves compared to the new.

In short, I am taking no sides, I think we should just re open his app again for a second shot, then if there's complaints of recent trollish behaviour or talking over people or whatever, then we can fairly judge, but I do not believe we should judge him off his past actions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 Nahgefae, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'm not sure how I feel about application being declined. You've been troublesome in the past, but I do think you've done your best to change.

That said, I always judge people on how they handle being declined. Your response was to call a Sparky a liar, and then get extremely combative, in a number of posts that have since been removed. I had originally thought to reconsider your application, but I will say that your response to being declined is extremely poor, and makes me believe you haven't matured.

I'll be speaking with the staff regarding this, but Concu, to make the argument you have matured, and then in the same thread showcase a multitude of immature comments doesn't help your case. One can be in disagreement without being immature.

4. Nicholas Concu

Ratings:
    +15 / 3
    I understand, As you said I did try my best to change. I know you're a busy person woth alot of work to do but it really triggered me when you wait a long time to be told false information, dont get me wrong, im not mad my application got declined but its the reasoning i got declined. I wouldnt have reacted this certain manner if the reasons were valid and something i could actualy improve on. I know i should't have reacted this way and I understand if this applictaion does get decined

5. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    As far as this application, Concu, I'd like for you to consider how you handled this application. As far as that, I'm willing to review it myself.

However, there are some chat logs that I see in the last month that irk me. Stuff like 'I love cheating' and other dumb comments. I don't think they're crazy or horrible, but I do think they're unnecessary.

I'll be thinking over how I want to handle this.

6. Nicholas Concu

Ratings:
    +15 / 3
    Thank you for all your time, if you do have any questions and you'd like to talk a little more privately feel free to add me on steam.
    Again thank you in advance.

7. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I've reviewed your application and while you've made improvements, I believe there are still issues with your behavior. I have recently seen a few incidents where you've acted immaturely or without common sense and this gives me pause when considering adding you to staff.

I will reference one incident where two individuals were engaging in a heavy box in the basement for a wager. You were killing them, upon this, they asked you to stop. You did not, and said you could kill whomever you wanted. After which, a staff member asked you to stop, you said that an admin had told you that you could kill anyone on the server. You argued this point and were then kicked.

While I understand your point, I think that is using the word of the law against the spirit of the law. You chose to do something that while not written as against the rules was clearly something that is against the best interests of those players, and of Harpoon's servers.

To that end, as I see this behavior is not yet in your past, I am choosing to reaffirm the choice to decline your application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice