Declined [Scammer Tag Appeal]: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063506037 "Punk"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Punk, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: Punk
    | steam3ID: [U:1:103240309]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:51620154
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063506037
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/_Punk_
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063506037

Description
    Hello, My name is Punk. I have been marked for "running from a spycrab". Here is my defense; When I was on said server attempting to trade my unusual I saw that Jehnib was SpyCrabbing. Myself being new to the server didn't read the rules like most new members to the server do. I did not say that I would SpyCrab him for any type of prize and I thought it was all in good fun, in his report there is no proof of myself agreeing to any terms what so ever. When I lost and he was demanding payment, I was confused since we didn't agree on any terms, and there was very little conversation between us. Myself, not finding anyone who would like to pay for my unusual left, like most unusual traders do.

Please provide any and all evidence
    Here is the post made by Jehnib, claiming that I had ran from a SpyCrab even though there is no actual proof other than him just claiming that I did. If I had agreed to any type of terms, I would understand that ban completely. But since there is no proof of me in chat or via voice chat saying that I agree, I don't see how it's enough to ban me.

[​IMG]

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    If you need any other type of information, I am in your Discord channel, please feel free to get my attention by typing @Punk#6816 in your general chat.

Thank you,
    -Punk

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    To everyone else posting in this appeal, please read this: https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/note-to-users-who-are-not-appealing.32402/. I have deleted your posts and have given warnings as some of you have been repeatedly posting on here. Those who are continuing to ignore this will have their accounts temporarily limited.

@Punk - Getting your friends to come on and have them post for you will not make any difference to the outcome of your appeal nor do we care what they have to say as it is irrelevant and misinforming.

Evidence of the spycrab event taking place can be found here: https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/76561198063506037-punk.35372/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't tell any of my friends to post here. They did this out of their own free will.

4. The Slow Scout

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    @Punk - You agreed to the spycrab terms as you have accepted the person's request. As mentioned earlier, you can see what you agreed to in the evidence thread which is available on your SteamRep profile as well. Have you paid the victim the items that you have spycrabbed for?

5. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sent him a trade offer, it's has been over an hour. He has been on and offline, in TF2 for awhile. but here is the screenshot.

Attached Files:

6. The Slow Scout

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    Take a screenshot of your trade history after he confirms the trade. We also request that you provide screenshots without cropping them.

7. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been 2 days, Jehnib has been on and offline and on and off TF2 for the past 2 days. I sent this offer, and I even attempted at adding him and asking for him to accept; I even left him a note in his comment section for him to see. I also found a mutual friend of him and I, and I asked him to message Jehnib and he did. I can give this ref to you directly, I just don't want to be held with a scammer tag when I'm trying to do the right thing here.

Attached Files:

8. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been a while since I've sent this trade offer. I had his friend message him and he said that he replied, and he has obviously been active because he has been on and off of the HarpoonGaming server. Like I stated before I would be more than glad to provide the Owner or another staff member with the items. Please respond.

Attached Files:

9. Jehnib

Jehnib Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Punk - First of all. You are lying in the entire appeal, which doesn't help in any case like this one. Also, the fact that you have been stalking me over and over after the ban, makes it seem like you are very desperate to be unbanned, so you clearly knew that you were lying, which is verified in the trade offer note as well. You scammed me in the first place and that makes me question your future behavior and choises, because one of my friends was scammed from the same guy twice. The accused was also unbanned and clean at the second time scamming my friend.

So yeah. I've left the trade offer open for several reasons.

@The Slow Scout - I hope you understand my point of view on this situation, but i don't understand why this appeal is under review, because i didn't accept anything yet. Also, i don't see how he can be unbanned if he gives me the items he owes. That doesn't stop him from doing it. He has to pay the consequences for this, because he was aware of the wagered spycrab and he is an old user, so he knows about scamming and that he made a risk running from the spycrab.

10. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Attached Files:

11. Punk

Punk Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The reason that I seem so desperate to get unbanned is because of the simple fact that I host a server, which goes giveaways and events on. I would like to log onto my own server without having to hear "your just a scammer" over a silly spycrab which I had no idea of the rules. Conflict is not for this thread, and I would prefer not to spread drama. So, if you would like to work out your personal issues with me, please make sure to add me on Steam and we can work it out there.

12. BeefDip

BeefDip Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @The Slow Scout - I thought I might chime in. @Punk and I have played TF2 numerous times and i was semi-present when the spycrabbing happened in the first place, I was semi-present because i was shift tabbed in game trading on websites and at the time me and @Punk were in call on Discord and i only heard him repeatedly say: "Selling my unusual". I am not righting this because I am a friend of @Punk, but because i recently came across to this myself and found it absurd that this "ban" actually went through, because the original report didn't have any valid evidence, i mean i could even take a screenshot of my empty trade history and say that @Jehnib ran from a spycrab as an example. The fact the @Jehnib was not willing to talk about it or reason with @Punk since his original report is even better, I mean it took @Jehnib 2 weeks to even respond to this appeal and i personally would be pretty upset if i was banned from high ranking trading servers for more then 2 weeks or in @Punk's case marked as a scammer on almost every trading server. We have tried to contact @Jehnib personally through steam and with him ignoring us while being regularly active going as far as blocking us. I myself found out about to the full extent about this today as he asked me for help and advice so i decided to post this. I am not a person to point fingers but to me it sounds more like @Jehnib is dragging this out on purpose and i wouldn't be suprised if he would ask for payment to drop the charges. I am not "hating" on @Jehnib although it may sound like it and i would like to hear @Jehnib's side of the story.

@The Slow Scout , I hope this reaches you and i'm sorry i only now showed up now with this new information, as i only found out about this at the time of me posting this.

P.S. Feel free to contact me at any time either through my e-mail or my steam.

XOXOXOX @BeefDip

13. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Punk,

We have chosen to decline your appeal.

Your main argument is the fact that there supposedly was no evidence of the spycrab happening. All spycrabs that happen through our plugin are put on record, which then allows us to look them up at a later date. So while the public report didn't contain a screenshot of the spycrab, we have a record of the spycrab in our system.

Whenever someone challenges you to a spycrab, you get notified with a sound and receive a pop-up notifying you about the challenge.
    Here you get 2 options:
    1. I would like to see the terms
    2. I decline the challenge
    If you press the first option, you will proceed to the next page. However if you press the second option, the pop-up will close and that'll be the end of that request. Since you pressed the first option, you proceeded to the next window, which notifies you about the terms of the spycrab.
    Here you get 2 new options:
    1. Yes, I agree to these terms
    2. No, I decline these terms
    If you press the first option, you will get teleported into one of the spycrab rooms and the spycrab will begin. Once again, if you press the second option, the pop-up will close and that'll be the end of that request. By selecting the first option, you agreed to the terms of the spycrab and therefore you're held responsible.

In addition to you pressing "I agree to these terms", the chat also notifies you locally of who won the spycrab, in this instance it was Jehnib. In your appeal you also claim that you had just joined the server and therefore didn't read the rules, despite the fact that you connected to some of our servers prior to this instance. In light of these facts we feel as though your tag was not wrongfully placed.

On a final note, to everyone who has posted in this appeal. Please refer to this thread in the future: https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/32402/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice