Discussion All-Trade 1 Space Map

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Jin&Tonic, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Yesterday, we released a space trade map on the All-Trade 1, it's the first version and we want to hear your opinions on how to improve or change the map.

So go at it! If we use your idea, we'll give you some free months of donator!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ebola-chan

Ebola-chan Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could make the space arena free for all, or you could make a public tic-tac-toe somewhere

3. z_o_m_33

z_o_m_33 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    make a stone-trab out in the arena that can smash players :D or like rain of stones . no idea if this is even possible in tf2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Killer4366756

Killer4366756 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Map: 10/10. Best map so far by Rami that I have seen. I think you guys could add the Disco room back underground and have 2 teleporters (1 each team in spawn) to TP down there into the disco room and have it have windows showing space while the disco is playing. :) Awesome idea and I know lots of people will like it

5. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Unfortunately, if we add the disco room it doubles (and then some) the file size of the map and instead of a 10 second download, you get like a minute + which usually ends up losing players.

6. Sylvan Evergreen

Sylvan Evergreen How can I help?
    Staff Member Head Admin Discord Staff All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 18
    A separate tall area for rocket jumping would be nice, but we definitely need a way to move around the map without snipers always being able to snipe you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Killer4366756

Killer4366756 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Ah. Makes sense. But, you could add like a "space station" (not too big) for donors only to battle in. I know theres space already, but the space station can have normal gravity

8. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    Maybe use the Portal 2 test room panels as the wall texture outside. Also, this guy floating outside the base would be a nice touch. Would be a nice reference and people would find him amusing.

SpaceCore.jpg

9. z_o_m_33

z_o_m_33 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 3
    xD yes do that guy theres files on him as spys sapper so shuld be possible.

10. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    Wouldn't be from those files. Would have to use the model files from Portal 2.

11. Trashcat

Trashcat The Professional Hobo
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Making the space arena public would be nice, since I see many donators not using it, it would be a shame for something that cool to go to waste. But I otherwise love the map, it's really cool!

12. pipboy2154

pipboy2154 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The map is Nice but the control point is not necessary.

13. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Many things aren't necessary, but it is a nice feature.

14. Chiva123

Chiva123 ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Ratings:
    +45 / 3
    you should make a disco in the donor room with music and they can pick music :)

15. FlyingAnonymoose

FlyingAnonymoose Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +86 / 20

16. Ramibot

Ramibot Rami's personalized forum bot.
    Staff Member Chief of Staff Universal Staff

Ratings:
    +429 / 53
    [​IMG]

17. Ramibot

Ramibot Rami's personalized forum bot.
    Staff Member Chief of Staff Universal Staff

Ratings:
    +429 / 53
    On another note, a feature I have been thinking of adding for a while but never got round to it or just forgot was a 'dark room' for players to show off unusual's and other effects that look better in dark areas.

Any opinions or ideas on that?

18. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. Truly Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +76 / 6
    Add a white room as well as to not come off as racist.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. Chiva123

Chiva123 ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Ratings:
    +45 / 3
    you should add afk rooms

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. festeringMongoose

festeringMongoose Professional Procrastinator

Ratings:
    +45 / 7
    (this is my personal opinion, it's probably not something many will agree with)
    You may know that I play sniper a lot, but I feel the sniper balcony sorta forces people to play sniper. As it provides them cover from nearly anything that isn't another sniper. Plus makes it hard for other classes to run around and enjoy that map, without the likely hood of a sniper shooting them. I can see how maybe the balcony was made so snipers could duel without others interfering, but I feel it gives snipers an unfair advantage over players. It also prevents spies from backstabbing snipers. If there is a way to make it that snipers can only attack other snipers, and have to get onto the heated part of the map to get kills on others, that'd be perfect in my opinion.
    Feel free to reply with something that proves this false, or a reason why the sniper balcony has to be this way.
    Thank you for your consideration

• Like Like x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice