Declined [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198971171406 "J-POT"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by j-pot, Jun 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/potdc/

The image from my duplicate account, does not prove anything. Even though I do not own this account, I wont go against it. The image only shows the user leaving the server at a 2/4, which does not show any proof of wager, any proof of agreement, so on so forth. Therefore, I believe that I should get " Unscammer marked ".

Thanks

Please provide Steam IDs or SteamRep Profile data blocks for all alternate or related accounts
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/joeybananaz

Describe the incident that resulted in your ban
    The incident that resulted in my ban was a faulty image, without proof of the wager without proof of the steam name " I hate weebs " linking to my apparent duplicate account

Please provide any evidence or information you wish to provide
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/potdc/

Also, i had 12 +rep but I dont have a previous image, i never got a incident ever about scamming.

If your appeal is granted, what steps would you take to prevent a similar incident in the future
    I wont ever troll again ill literally be a changed man ill be kind respectful, and everything. Also i had 12+rep for paying up spycrabs and i will continue to pay up my spycrabs as i always do.

2. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just to add in, I spoke to the guy, even though I wasn't sure of the crab wager or what the crab was for, it was a 1 key crab and it was from 3 ish years ago and the guy was willing to accept 2 keys.

I still paid even though i am not positive of what happened during the crab or so on and so forth, I still am willing to be the bigger man.

Attached Files:

3. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'm confused, what is the basis of this appeal? Are you saying that the marked account is not your alternate account or are you saying it is and you've repaid the victim?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not positive as this is from 3 years ago from a duplicate account but I will be the bigger man and assume that what happened was my fault. So yes I believe that this was my fault and I have discussed with the victim and he accepted the 2 keys.

6. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Is this your alternative account?

| steamname: kritzkrieg enjoyer
    | steam3ID: [U:1:350679028]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:175339514
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198310944756
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/joeybananaz
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198310944756

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, but I am willing to take responsibility because we share the same ip. I am still not positive of what happened during the crab it was only brought to my attention to this day as I usually pay people back for crabs, and I have never had an incident of ever scamming. I talked it out with the guy and he was fine after I gave him 2 keys.

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Please explain the relationship between you and that account, you may use
    Code:
    [staff][/staff]
    tags if you wish to have it be kept private.

Also, as a separate note, while you have been banned from our servers for disrespecting others and trolling, your SteamRep ban is not related to those offenses. You've given the impression you think this is the case, it is not. Certainly your ban for trolling brought your account under review, and led to us discovering the suspected alternative accounts and scam offenses, however, the SR ban is due to the information found, not in retribution for your trolling as you've implied.

9. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

It is not my alt but I have no way of proving that but as I said I’m willing to take responsibility so in context let’s just say it is my alt account. This wasn’t brought to my attention until 3 years later and once it was, I got into contact with the victim and he was ok with me paying him 2 keys. Basically I wasn’t sure that I ran from a crab because well the report was written 3 years later and once this was brought to my attention, I got into contact and paid him 2 pure for his previous troubles and he was happy and accepted. Also I do apologize for trolling and I do fully understand what led to it. Thanks!

10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    It makes a difference on this end since if it is your alt account, this appeal gets closed, and the ban would have to be overturned for your account to be unbanned. If it is not an alt account, you will have to explain the relation and we will have to review whether you're two separate people.

11. j-pot

j-pot Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright, I will be waiting on a way I can prove the other account is not mine, please let me know asap! I will do as told to prove it.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    After much consideration, I do not believe you should be unbanned at this time. We've had many discussions on Discord, and while you have provided evidence that could suggest the other account and yours are not the same person, you did so by logging into the aforementioned account.

Even if you are two separate individuals, having access to the other account makes any evidence that you're not the same person void. If you are able to access one another's accounts, it is no different than being the same person.

Moreover, when we discussed your appeal, you took that opportunity to frequently share the conversations we had in private—often without context—with other individuals. Even to the point of gathering numerous individuals to vouch for you in a group DM that you then added me to in some attempt to prove your innocence. However, in this case, that chat led to multiple individuals messaging me privately to express concern over your account and to recommend that the ban remains in place. In addition, numerous staff members from other communities provided opinions and screenshots that are more than enough to justify your ban staying.

One of the most concerning is regarding a debt you currently owe someone; you freely admit you owe the individual 15 keys, but then taunt the individual by saying, "But I am scammer marked So like No What will you do Scammer mark me?"

If that wasn't enough, I've also been provided with evidence to show you've been reluctant to pay up on wagered spycrabs, which makes the accusation of you being an alt of a spycrab runner far more likely.

Lastly, throughout this entire process, you have been rude and abusive. You have falsified screenshots of me saying vulgar words to attempt to discredit me, tried to raid the Harpoon Discord server, and repeatedly insulted myself and other admins here. In addition, when some of the individuals you brought to vouch for you ended up providing evidence against you, you were hostile and rude to them. Aside from all of that, you've also been quick to lie to me repeatedly.

In conclusion, I am denying this appeal for the following reasons: 1) You have access to the marked account. 2) There is evidence against you for scamming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice