Accepted [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198065132767 "powmowqmdomks"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by powmowqmdomks, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powmowqmdomks

powmowqmdomks Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: Melisa Kriezi
    | steam3ID: [U:1:104867039]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:52433519
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065132767
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/keksimleko
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198065132767

Please provide Steam IDs or SteamRep Profile data blocks for all alternate or related accounts

Describe the incident that resulted in your ban
    Almost 5 years ago I was in one of your servers, I decided to do a spycrab for a tf2 hat and when I lost I disconnected from the server and didn't trade the hat to the person who was playing against me.

Please provide any evidence or information you wish to provide
    Not much of evidence, but last appeal I was told to just give the item in question back to the person I scammed. I agreed with that and even offered to give the person in question a bit more in value since it felt like the right thing to do. The problem with the last appeal is that the person I scammed hasn't been online for months, and I had no way to even try to look if he has an alt account. Today, he hasn't been online since March 2020, so almost a year of inactivity. I've still got an active friend request with him and he hasn't accepted. So please take into consideration that his account might be abandoned while looking into this appeal.

If your appeal is granted, what steps would you take to prevent a similar incident in the future
    I just wouldn't run from a spycrab duel again (if I ever did play tf2 again that is), I was in my early teens when I did scam so it was a pretty childish thing to do. I have no reason to scam anyone, let alone a craft hat which is worth less than 20 cents on the market. The ban I've had for almost 5 years now has pretty much been the worst punishment I could've ever gotten.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Um did I do something wrong, or does it take longer to get a reply?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Perp703

Perp703 Face-Meltingly Active
    Staff Member Head Admin

Ratings:
    +134 / 6
    Unfortunately this process is not fast, please be patient.

4. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yo yo, I get that it takes some time to get a reply but can I maybe get an estimate on how long it might take, since it's been almost a month since I've posted, and 2 weeks since the last reply here. I'm currently going through covid and am going in and out of town almost every other day, so it would be nice to at least have some estimate on when I should be around to provide more info and other stuff if needed.

And also as an update, the victim I have scammed still has not come online, nor has he accepted my friend request.

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    WIthout repayment of the victim, it is difficult for us to remove the ban. Try adding the victim's friends and see if there is a way you can contact them that way.

6. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've added the only person he has as a friend that is active as well, he didn't accept as well yet. But even if he does accept and has no ties with the victim anymore, I'll still probably hold my almost 5 year old ban now, over a craft hat worth 3 cents?

I can understand having a permanent ban over something like $20 or even $10, I guess anything even over half a dollar, but I really don't see myself needing more of a punishment over something worth less than most steam trading cards. I doubt the person in question is still even playing games, let alone remember me running from the duel I was supposed to pay him for winning on your servers.

I would really stick up to my ban and not appeal if I really did something unreasonably bad, or that I am genuinely not trying to contact the person for almost a year now. But I am being held at the same punishment as someone who could've scammed more than $1000, an unusual, a csgo knife, etc.

Please have a moment to reconsider my punishment, seeing as even if my punishment was to wait 1 year for each cent the item was worth I would've long passed that time by now.

7. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, I would be genuinely happy with donating several hats to previous scam victims that are active on this forum as compensation, seeing as my victim will probably never be online again.

8. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great news, one of his 2 steam friends accepted me and actually is still in contact with the victim. I've uploaded the steam chat with his friend as some kind of proof I guess.

I will get the victim to this thread for further proof in some time, once he adds me. I've also told him that I am still willing to repay him even though he says himself that he doesn't care about the item anymore.

Attached Files:

9. Die Fuher

Die Fuher Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all I am the victim in this situation from all those years ago and I wanna help get him unbanned

10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Hello, please accept repayment for the original items from him.

11. Die Fuher

Die Fuher Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He just sent me the item

12. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yo yo, is there some other step I need to do as well now that I've repayed the victim, or?

13. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Almost a week has passed since I gave the victim his items back, may I please at least have a reply back?

14. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    For evidence's sake, please provide the trade history showing you provided the items to the victim.

15. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bad, was away for a while. Here's the pictures.

Attached Files:

16. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Please provide them without cropping them, showing the full window.

17. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't see a reason why my previous trades are needed as proof but alright, blured out certain bookmarks and links in the second picture because it has my personal info.

Attached Files:

18. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    It's not a matter of your previous trades, we need to make sure there is all the information needed and that there's no edits or such. Which ideally you'd not edit anything, you'd just open a window without any other tabs or such.

19. powmowqmdomks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah I see, my bad. Are the second batch of pictures enough as proof then or is there still some problem?

20. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    No, your appeal is granted. Be mindful of future behavior. Have a nice day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice