Declined [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198148326407 "moon"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by mooon, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooon

mooon Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: moon
    | steam3ID: [U:1:188060679]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:94030339
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198148326407
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198148326407

Please provide Steam IDs or SteamRep Profile data blocks for all alternate or related accounts

Describe the incident that resulted in your ban
    Well, I joined the server, and heard a guy saying trade me for free REF. So I traded him and he said if I said "it was for free" and "it was a friendly game" he would give me REF. So I did, and a guy asked me if I was lying, and the guy said in the trade to say I wasn't lying and it was just a friendly game.
    I had no idea of what was going on, but I was getting free REF and decided to just go along with the guy until I got the REF. Then I end up going to a different server, and went to bed afterwards. Woke up to bump my item on bp.tf and found out I was banned from steamREP.

Please provide any evidence or information you wish to provide

If your appeal is granted, what steps would you take to prevent a similar incident in the future
    I won't try to assist scammers for REF, I will just tell the truth next time and if I don't see anything, I won't say anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    My issue is that you've assisted someone in fraud. Multiple times, I asked you that if you were sure, I even told you that if you're lying you would be assisting a scammer. I then asked you if you were certain, you said yes. At this point, I informed you that you couldn't have possibly been in the server, and the logs showed that you were not. You still tried to say that the scammer was innocent. Given all of these chances to take back your statement, how can we trust you weren't do things of similar nature in the future for a refined metal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mooon

mooon Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It was the first time I've done something like that. And as a result, I have been banned from bp tf and can't sell items on there. The ban has made me unable to sell items on websites, and people don't really trust me in trades. I have missed out on trades due to the ban, and have lost more REF than the free REF I have been given. Therefore I will not try to assist scammers, a couple of REF is not worth the ban. So I will not assist scammers again.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Many have not trusted you, as you have assisted a scammer in fraud, and in doing so, committed fraud yourself.

5. mooon

mooon Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yes, I understand I have committed fraud. But I have also learned not to do it because it is not worth not being able to trade with bots or on tf2 outpost, tf2 scrap, bp.tf and on trade servers. But could I be given a second chance if possible. It is the first time I have been banned on steam rep, I haven't been reported for scamming either, I have never scammed or assisted scammers before this one stupid mistake, and I regret it deeply.

6. mooon

mooon Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I know I should wait until you have finished reviewing my appeal, but just want to know if you've made any progress as it has been almost 4 months since my ban.

7. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello,

After careful consideration, we have opted to decline your appeal. You were given many opportunities to speak the truth and stop aiding a scammer, but ultimately decided not to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice