Application Accepted ßoop's All-Trade, Unusual Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by RULER, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RULER

RULER Notably Active

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Steamrep Profile Block
    steamname: ßoop
    steam3ID: [U:1:160463906]
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:80231953
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120729634
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RULER_OF_CATS
    steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198120729634

For which server do you wish to be staff?
    All-Trade, Unusual

What position are you applying for?

How many hours do you have in our servers?
    4 days 01:43:24 hours and 21:04:26 hours on All-Trade 1 and 2, so about 5 days of total connection time.

Please provide the URL to your GameMe page with the highest hours (OPTIONAL)
    http://stats.harpoongaming.com/playerinfo/403302

How old are you?
    14, soon to be 15.

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes I do.

Do you have any previous experience, if so, when and where?
    Yes, I do happen to have previous administration experience. Over the course of about a year and half or two I have worked my way up from User - Regular - Operator - Admin - Superadmin on a Garry's Mod server. The server has now shutdown but it was nice while it lasted . Now the server name may sound pretty stupid, but trust me, there were many idiots on there to be punished in many different ways. The server was called "A Disgusting Server
    (With Ponies)". Feel free to judge!

What ideas or skill can you provide for the benefit of HG?
    Ideas or skills to bring to the table? Well as previously stated in the writing above, I think I am a pretty good staff member, having worked my way up to the highest tier of administration and earning it. I have never abused anyone with the power I had, nor messed with anything to do with the server because if I did I'd actually feel about doing something so wrong.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I believe I would be a decent staff member because I know what I am doing, I've had loads of experience in dealing with wrong doers and just being an administrator in general. I created a Garry's Mod server one time to attempt being an owner of a server and having my staff members, but I personally prefer working for a community rather than being at the top of it. I also created a Team Fortress 2 server one time to experiment with the commands and the administrative menu. I can also type pretty fast, I think I have around 80 WPM. I also actually try to spell things right when I'm typing so there's that.

How much time do you think you can spend on forums/servers per day?
    Weekdays - If I really needed to I could clock in quite a bit of hours (5-8).
    Weekends - Once again, if really needed I could be on nearly the whole day (8-10)

I also just like to hang out a lot on these servers so I will probably be available most of the time.

What do you think the current All-Trade staff are doing right?
    The current staff are doing great! Whenever some idiot is mic spamming or people are talking over each other admins will mute the server and give them a warning. If they continue they get a kick or a ban. It's pretty simple and they're doing a great job at it. I also saw a time when someone was literally saying they were planning to scam a kid they were talking to and... ban! No more of him. *thumbs up to the Harpoon Gaming staff*

What do you think the All-Trade Staff, or Harpoon in general, could work on at this point in time?
    I'm honestly not sure what you guys could really improve on, everything seems fine and dandy to me. You guys are doing a great job at running the community you have here. Please keep it up!

Why do you want to become a member of the HG All-Trade team?
    And here is the big question. The reason I would like to be a part of the staff team in this community is because I just want to help deal with people who are not complying with the rules stated. Sometimes administrators are not active at the time and that can be problem, I on the other hand am usually on whenever I really can be. I feel like it would be a good thing if I were a staff member because I would be able to handle problems that occur when others are not on to deal with it themselves. I essentially just want to be as helpful as I can and pounce on those who are doing wrong.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    There is no more special notes section in the application template anymore but I'll still include this because why not and well it's true.

I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    Hello @ßoop,

Your Application is now under review.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @ßoop

We have decided to put you in the next staff training.

4. RULER

RULER Notably Active

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice