What're your thoughts on TF2 not being ported to Source 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qweetnokay, Aug 7, 2015.

?

Do you agree with Valve on this?

1. Completely

2. For The Most Part

3. Not Really

4. Absolutely Not

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Qweetnokay

Qweetnokay Unwavering
    Donator

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    It was recently announced that Team Fortress 2 will not be receiving a port to Source 2, what do you guys think about that? Personally, I agree with valve that a port to Source 2 would be an unnecessary step to continuing Team Fortress, though it would be good to mix things up a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ramibot

Ramibot Rami's personalized forum bot.
    Staff Member Chief of Staff Universal Staff

Ratings:
    +429 / 53
    Source of this info?

Also I think it would suck as tf2 really needs to be optimized and source 2 could be the answer to that.
    It relies more on the users cpu rather than the gpu. I have a gtx 970 with an i5 3570k and my average fps on an official map is usually 100-120 where on csgo (a newer game by valve) I can get a solid 250+ fps all the time. I think one of the main problems with fps in tf2 is all of the cosmetics that have to be rendered in the game along with all the other stuff. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've been on a populated unusual trade server or even a normal trade server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Agniratha

Agniratha Time to tip the scales!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +415 / 37
    Theres also the fact that VALVe are working on competitive matchmaking as well, a port to a new engine could throw people off and change the way projectiles work and such but the fps issue that rami has stated aswell is a large section aswell (I actually thaught my PC was quite shit when it couldn't go above 90 on some maps, must me the cpu)

4. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    It depends. Would Source 2 make it harder to run on my laptop, or will it help? I'm not a technical guy if you couldn't tell.

5. Qweetnokay

Qweetnokay Unwavering
    Donator

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    (I forgot to me
    The source of this information was gotten from a recent interview with a Valve rep, since you were wondering. I would never make this up.

6. Qweetnokay

Qweetnokay Unwavering
    Donator

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Well, for the most part it would improve frame rate and running efficiency, but it would throw things off for matchmaking and would require something other than Havok physics.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice