The Unusual Server

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Jin&Tonic, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The Unusual Server obviously hasn't been very full lately, so we're discussing what you guys, our player base, want it to be.

Feel free to put any suggestions forward and we hope that this can lead to a fruitful discussion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Test

Test Hardcore

Ratings:
    +129 / 22
    The unusual server lacks any traffic whatsoever and i'm happy it will be taken down.I would suggest a second All Trade Server since there are times when the first all trade server is constantly full for hours,so people could hop on the 2nd server too, i don't think a normal tf2 server would catch players.

• Super Approved Super Approved x 1
  3. PowerLemons

PowerLemons Unwavering

Ratings:
    +27 / 6
    Rapid Fire + Infinite Ammo Custom Map Server
    It be gud surburz c:

Fine :C, VSH or Deathrun

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Svos™

Svos™ Sufficiently Active

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    I agree with Test, I think the server that would most fit the community would be another trade server. Maybe that server could be dedicated to Heavy boxing and Spycrabing sense I understand alot of people have been taking the trade server to box and gamble. I think people are ignoring the fact it's a mainly trade server and they keep talking over people about boxing, spycrabing etc.

5. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    A second all-trade would be very beneficial.

6. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The issues with a second All-Trade is the spreading the staff thin, and also, we don't want it to be like 15/30 and 15/30

7. Svos™

Svos™ Sufficiently Active

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    I agree with Joe I feel that until we get more players it will be one server full and the other people that can't get onto the regular trade server. I don't think we really need another server, the events and all trade seems good until the player count on the server goes up.

8. Mr.Face

Mr.Face Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It seems like (at least when I'm on) there often aren't any mods or admins, and for some reason, and when they are on, they are often afk. Just the other day there were two admins on the server who were afk for the whole duration I was on.

9. The Living End

The Living End Totally Active

Ratings:
    +86 / 49
    Well, we have had a second trade server in the past and that pretty much got turned into the unusual server. I'd hate to say it, but if you want peeps to come into the server the best idea may be a trade minecraft or Saxton hale

10. Test

Test Hardcore

Ratings:
    +129 / 22
    I was on the all trade server yesterday for 3 hours straight,and then 2 hours on events server.If i don't reply or move/talk that doesn't mean i'm not there,i got other stuff to take care of too,plus i was talking on mumble the entire day yesteday,and i've also been active on the server,when somehow you just wasn't there.
    Also,not that it would matter or anything,but i've banned one disrespectful person and kicked a spammer yesterday which means i wasn't afk or Taser,in fact we had a 1 hour long conversation with a regular on voice chat,i was afk for 20 minutes after that but got back afterwards.

#10 Test, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  11. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    When did we have a second all-trade? I honestly don't remember that. Maybe we did.

The issue is we have about 8-10 admins for the All-Trade server, we all have real lives and sometimes we can't get on. The biggest issue that we have is that we're not getting a lot of serious applications and that even with the time we put in, we can't always be there.

That's why we have the Server Reports area, where you can report people that were causing issues. We hope to add at least 10 mods in the coming weeks, (not sure who yet) but we definitely need to add some more staff.

If you wish to talk about that more, please open up a suggestion in the Suggestion/Bug Reports area, please try to keep this related to the Unusual server.

12. Storm

Storm Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    OBJECTION! We need a fun server which supports HLDJ, right?

13. Are You Sure

Are You Sure Escalfrio forced me to change this.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +61 / 8
    I think it should be a different game mode, like death run, or something I mean, it IS Harpoom'Gaming'. I think it would just be cool to play some fun game modes with people that I play with on a daily basis.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Test

Test Hardcore

Ratings:
    +129 / 22
    We have a TTT server for that :)and also had a killing floor server but that didn't go too well.

15. Mr.Face

Mr.Face Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well, the issue with the admins being spread thin doesn't seem that big to me is what I mean. I mean, as I saw today, there is quite a lot of mods/admins and it doesn't seem like there really needs to be more than one on at a time. I didn't open a suggestion because this is still relevant.

16. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Well we added a shit ton of staff.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice