Declined [ Server Ban Appeal]: 76561198105723585 "PapNapples (Youtube)"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by PapNapples, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapNapples

PapNapples Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    | steamname: PapNapples (Youtube)
    | steam3ID: [U:1:145457857]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:72728928
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198105723585
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198105723585

Description
    So today I decided to play on one of my favorite servers, Harpoon All Trade. I played around for a couple of hours and I eventually started hearing this ten year old "Admin". I thought it was fine and went on my merry way playing. Eventually a problem occurred when a spycrab didn't go as planned. The young admin didn't know how to solve the problem, couldn't figure out the commands, and on top of that he was being hot headed. So i voiced my opinion. Not with any vulgar language or any kind of insults. I simply stated once that I didn't think Him being admin was a good thing, and that you should have to be of a certain age or skill level. Then he kicked me. I let it go and joined once again. After about 15 minutes of gameplay he started saying that he was going to prove me wrong, that he wasn't a bad admin and was just overall mocking me for my prior statement. This is when, I believe, Darkosshear joined and muted everyone except for me. He asked why I would talk to an admin that way. So at this point I was fairly frustrated with the whole situation. About 3 minutes passed of either not being able to explain the situation, or him just taking the side of the other admin. Finally he said he was going to ban me. Nothing much I could do at this point, since he made up his mind of which person was right. So here we are! I really expected much better from a group as high quality as Harpoon Gaming. I had been on each one of their servers multiple times with multiple hours played, Never have I cause a problem for anyone. Also, not that it matters, Spycrabing went unchecked and unsupervised for the whole three hours or so I was playing. If you know Harpoon that is a big no no!

Please provide any and all evidence
    Ask anyone who was playing on the date of 8/26/2015 before sharp came on. The admin was not checking or supervising the spycrabs and led to a few people being frustrated.

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    I have played on almost all TF2 Harpoon servers and have never once caused any problems with any admins. Is it a coincidence that one of your newest and youngest admins would cause this situation? Think about that.

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PapNapples

PapNapples Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just found out it was a moderator and a junior admin in this situation, not full admins.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Regardless of how you believe they acted, you portrayed yourself as condescending and demeaning. I'd also like to correct your statement. You said on server that no one would be banned for leaving on a crab without paying.

That is false, we ban permanently for any sort of scamming, we also mark those individuals on SteamRep so they are banned from multiple communities throughout Steam.

I'll be reviewing your appeal, but an individual's age matters less than their maturity, and based off your flippant and insulting behavior, I am led to believe the maturity of the staff in question outweighs your own.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice