Favorite Video Games?

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Jin&Tonic, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    What's your favorite game/games and why/why do you suggest them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. darkosshear

darkosshear Professional Chewbacca/Napoleon Dynamite

Ratings:
    +168 / 8
    Other than the obvious TF2 I really liked Dishonored. It had some of the best environment I've seen in a game. The dark and moody cities were really cool to play in. The stealth weapons and powers made you feel like a god but it wasnt too easy. I also liked how the city changed based on your decisions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Team Fortress 2 - Due to Harpoon Gaming's servers.
    Garry's Mod - Due to Harpoon Gaming's TTT server.

• Approved Approved x 1
  4. Perp703

Perp703 Face-Meltingly Active
    Staff Member Head Admin

Ratings:
    +134 / 6
    Fallout 3, New Vegas - Incredibly immersive, lots of collectibles and a very large variety of things to do and endless freedom. Hundreds of hours of gameplay even before mods and is a game that i would recommend to anyone.
    Demons Souls - classic game for the PS3 and is one of the hardest ive ever played - it is the game that throws you on the ground, kicks you in the face, and when you go to get up it knocks you back down, but youll love every minute of it. Very challenging, fantastic boss fights, not the best graphics but great level designs and variety of scenery. Another game with hundreds of hours of potential playtime
    Tomb Raider (The series reboot) - fast paced, smooth flowing gameplay, a great storyline, gorgeous graphics, not a bad thing to say about the single player - just dont touch the online.
    The Last of Us - Everything that the reviews said is true, its an incredible game that keeps you interested from start to finish, challenging gameplay, gorgeous graphics, and an amazing story- the first and only time ive ever been genuinely angry at a video game character was during this game.

-- INB4 someone says CSGO

5. Horplamus

Horplamus Healer

Ratings:
    +185 / 3
    Dishonoured - Great stealth game, really well built world and lore.
    Thomas Was Alone - A minimalist game about jumping and friendship.
    Bastion - Nice enough game, lovely soundtrack and naration.
    Fallout 3 - Great RPG, have a great story and atmosphere throughout the game.
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Over the top hack and slash. Great fun once you get used to the controls.
    Dark souls - Great atmosphere, challenging fights and good story to boot.

( That list was longer than I thought it would be... )

6. DRagon

DRagon Phenomenal
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +104 / 7
    Arma Series - Extremely addicting and immersive Military Simulator with focus on Combined Arms game play.
    Planet Side 2 - Arma's Sci-Fi brother. Massive open world battles spread out on different continents with heavy focus on teamwork.
    FTL: Faster Than Light - The best Star Trek game that never was, FTL will have you commanding a Space Ship through multiple sectors of outer space, where even the slightest mistakes can cause an immediate game over, no checkpoints. Very Challenging.
    Trials Evolution/Trials Fusion - Over the top Arcade bike racing game with an amazing soundtrack to add to the experience. It's a shame Evolution never got a PC port.

7. Perp703

Perp703 Face-Meltingly Active
    Staff Member Head Admin

Ratings:
    +134 / 6
    Ill second the dark souls 1 that horplamus suggested - fantastic game - not as good or difficult as demons souls but a very good game nonetheless - dark souls 2 is complete and under garbage.

8. redo50

redo50 Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a big fan of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Sort of a simple concept for a game, but oddly satisfying. When you get the right set up of items, or you push through when you don't, the game is incredibly exciting. There's a demo online, and if you have 20 minutes, it's worth a look. It's got so much more depth than meets the eye. It's a top down, shooter/dungeon crawler/rogue-like. And it is messed up.
    I'm just starting to get into The Crypt of the Necrodancer also. It's rhythm based rogue-like with one of the best game soundtracks for a game that you have to play over and over again. If you're big on rhythm games, it's worth the price.
    For non-rogue-likes, I'm in love with Transistor. If you haven't heard of it, it's sorta has a dystopian transhumanist setting and story. Female protagonist, beautiful soundtrack, and a RTS/RPG style gameplay. You have to see someone play the game to really understand how it works. I was blown away by the game.
    Gone Home also gets an honorable mention for me. Touching story, less traditional game. If you like snooping through your friends things and you like really subtle world building, it's great. It's like a novel/video game hybrid.

9. MrDefuseDaBomb

MrDefuseDaBomb Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I like verdun because it is a game set in world war 1 which there arnt many games of and it teaches you alot of the history while fighting your way to victory!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Haha! Same here!

11. [1]Ala₪"s | Coffee

[1]Ala₪"s | Coffee Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +9 / 4
    unreal tournemnt 2004

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wandering

Wandering Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    Dark Souls is my favorite game. It is the hardest game for me even after I beat it. The lore is interesting, bosses are difficult, graphics look amazing, and you got to praise the sun. I let some of my friends play in the Undead Asylum and their reactions were priceless when Fatty McGee dropped in. Fatso and Pikachu were the hardest boss to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jesus

Jesus Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Civilization 5 is my favorite game, because it involves strategy, and building up and empire from the beginning of time. You have to settle in a location which will determine the rest of the game, and it involves war and trading with other online players, or Computer players. :)

14. Lunaa

Lunaa Teddy Bear with a gun
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +110 / 13
    I personally really like Terraria, it has alot of content and things to do. its really enjoyable and easy to play with friends, makes it a super fun game

15. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Donothingfor2minutes.com
    Seconds of endless gameplay, very relaxing, and its really easy to win.

16. Darkusaurus Rex

Darkusaurus Rex Mother of Harpoon's Special Forces

Ratings:
    +18 / 3
    Any of the Metal Gear games- From the MSX origins to the insane hack and slash spinoff game, all these games are a blast. Whether you like sneaking around, killing/putting people to sleep, or a over-the-top and convoluted yet deep story and meaning to every game you're guaranteed to get some fun from it. Boss fights are amazing, the gameplay's fun, and the story is awesome. Suggested to anyone who likes meaning and story to their games.

Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Human Revolution- These are FPS stealth/operative/gunsblazing games that take inspiration from games like MGS and Hitman. Whether you go guns blazing or keep quiet is up to you as it is similar to MGS in that it has a nice story. You're basically a hacking genius bad ass with guns who is tasked with multiple objectives and side-stories that eventually lead up to a climatic plotline. Suggested to anyone who likes exploring a story.

Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2- These sandbox zombie games are made with the intention of going around and killing things with the most absurd weapons in mind. You can throw gumball machines at zombies, throw a cardboard box at a psychopath, or punch your way through the hordes. Along with this nice gameplay it comes with a nice overall story and plot-line you, as Frank West/Chuck Greene, must go through to uncover the truth behind the outbreaks. Boss Fights are almost as amazing as MGS game bosses, and the environment, these malls, are super memorable and easy to remember the layout of. Recommended to anyone who likes zombie mayhem, sandboxes, and a story to go with their game. (I left out DR3 due to it's more open worldness. Which I feel actually does more for the sandbox, but less for the feel of the environment and bosses. You're still welcome to check that out though.)

Don't Starve (Together)- A nice survival game with a bit of a dark undertone. You're pitted against the wilds, and unlike minecraft and similar games this is absolutely unforgiving to anyone who isn't an absolute pro at the game. Build campfires for the night as Darkness kills you. Build a base and plant farms. Gardens of trees and bushes. All you need to survive the winter and oncoming years. There's a backplot to all of this, and the game can actually be won should you desire that. Recommended for those who like survival games.

• Super Approved Super Approved x 1
  17. Newt

Newt "Great we're all bloody inspired."
    Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 2
    Zelda the minish cap, cause it was the first game I ever beat.
    TF2: Because of the HG servers
    League of Legends: Because it was fun to play with all my friends and I was pretty good at it
    WoW: I love the fantasy genre. I especially love dwarves. It's also really fun to see the progression in your character.

18. Qweetnokay

Qweetnokay Unwavering
    Donator

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Until the next installment of Half-Life is released, I would have to say, Halo Five: Guardians. (Even though it hasn't come out yet). But I know that when I was a kid, I was always playing Sonic Adventure 1 and two, as well as Super Mario Sunshine on my old GameCube. I think I'll play on it now actually...

19. Tsundere Baka

Tsundere Baka "A Little sugar in my tank, and watch out!"
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +38 / 4
    Tf2: because of Harpoon gaming.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: It had simple mechanics for an RPG but the characters are just amazing. They are extremely Like-able, and they are all based on game consoles/game companies. It also never takes itself too seriously and makes fun of itself often for being just another RPG with a lot of 4th wall breaking.

The Fallout Series: Like the others I like it for its sandbox and do whatever you want gameplay.

Katawa Shoujo: Dispite this being titled an "eroge" It has MUCH more than XXX scenes, it get connected to the characters and makes you care for them. This also had many routes you could take, with quite a few plot twists, some minor, some decently big.

20. iShin

iShin Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Life is strange: i really enjoyed the storyline of this game, still waiting on the last chapter, this game should be named life is depressing, because it almost made me cry like 45 times

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice