Will this fit in my case?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Maddog1929, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Maddog1929

Maddog1929 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Im just going to get right down to the point. Im putting together a water cooling build and i cant tell if this triple radiator is going to fit in my case front mounted. I have a Carbide Series Air 540 and plan on using a EK-CoolStream PE 360 with Vardar fans with an amd r9 295x2 grapics card. Like i said, the triple radiator is going to be front mounted and i want to make sure it will fit with the 295x2's unusually long length.

Heres the actual numbers for measurements
    Case length: 415mm
    GPU length: 308mm
    Radiator width: 38mm
    Fan width: 25mm

On paper, it seems to work, but looking at how much room I have currently with my 27mm radiator, 25mm fans, and 267mm gpu, I really think this thing wont fit.

Links to case, fans, radiator and GPU:
    http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-series-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case
    http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-...oolstream-pe/ek-coolstream-pe-360-triple.html
    http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-.../120mm/ek-furious-vardar-ff5-120-3000rpm.html
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/present...d=1&gid=3&sgid=1227&pid=2293&psn=000101&lid=1

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Length may not be an issue, but have you considered the width of the GPU and other components fitting into your case with the power supply?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maddog1929

Maddog1929 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The gpu fitting with other components is not the issue, and the psu is located away from gpu in the back of the case. (thanks for not looking at the main subject of the problem before deciding to answer o_O)

4. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Well for one, Nvidia is better than AMD :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Maddog1929

Maddog1929 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Please stop commenting on this thread as i can see that you are not even attempting to contribute to it (you dident even look at the items in question before answering, and the answer you gave was most likely a guess at best) oh, and don't judge a brand without even knowing what its capable of:[​IMG]

EDIT: Also, heres also a graph showing temps in the r9 295x2 vs nvidia:[​IMG]

6. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    That may be so, but you also seem to be using some form of outdated comparisons, as the Titan X and GTX 980 are missing from the list.
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    In this list of benchmarks, all the top cards in terms of performance are Nvidia. Need I state more data?

As to your other point, on paper as you say, it should work. What's wrong with your current configuration that would cause you to doubt that? You never stated that.

7. Maddog1929

Maddog1929 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    How is it outdated, the titan z came out after the 980 and titan x. Also there is no need to show the titan x and 980 in that graph, as the titan z is better than them both, and it still losses to the r9 295x2. But if its still too "outdated" for you, here have this video made this month about the r9 295x2 vs the titan x, which is apparently the highest in that chart you gave:

In my case, there is about a 20mm gap between the rad and the gpu, and adding a longer radiator and gpu that both add more than 20mm in length, it dosent seem like it will work. Please stop commenting unless you actually have a calculator and have done the math and have a "yes it will fit" or "no it wont fit"

8. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    If you want someone to do the math for you, just do it yourself mate :)

9. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Firstly, if you're asking for help, I suggest you cool it on the insults and hostility. No one wants to help out someone who is actively just being hostile to people posting, regardless of the quality of those suggestions.

For the R9 295x2 vs the Titan X argument, it's important to consider that the R9 is a dual GPU card, and understandably outdoes the Titan X in certain games and applications. The Titan is going to outperform in areas where the dual nature of the R9 isn't compatible or where the power of the single core is more important, especially for programs like the Adobe Suite and similar. (Also price and power usage to consider)

As far as your case, if you're saying that there's only a 20 mm gap and that both of the parts will add more than that, then I would suggest it wouldn't work. What I'd really suggest doing is just grabbing a ruler (preferably one without metal) and just seeing exactly how much room you have now, and then compare the measured stats from your current to the new/proposed setup. Also consider, that even if you have a few mm of clearance, that's really not enough. I'm of the opinion, if you're worried about the size of the case now, it's better long term to just get a larger one.

10. Maddog1929

Maddog1929 Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I thank you for being the first person who has given me a straight forward answer, but I think for the most part, you have this situation between me and him backwards. I am not directly being hostile from the quality of his posts, but I feel that him following me around these forum to be sort of an annoyance. Ever since I posted my thread about which monitor I should get to fix my tearing issues, he has been following me around in the tech section (or just likes hanging out there) and giving, quite frankly, very un-reliable, un-related or incorrect advice, for example saying: "If you want someone to do the math for you, just do it yourself mate :)." Why would I even post this thread if I just could of just done the math myself, and also, whats the point of asking for help if you can even do it yourself? Or for example, when I was directed by him to a $1000 mac thunderbolt monitor to fix my screen tearing, not to mention i had a pc, not a mac. This in turn has gotten me upset, as I am usually forced to go to a very unreliable forum because at least there they will give me an answer that pertains to the current form, and does not get sidetracked into which brand of graphic cards are better by a fanboy.

Which unfortunately leads me into this: There was never an argument if the r9 295x2 was better than the Titan, nor is there one now, in fact I never even mentioned the brand nvidia before the 4th post of this thread where Cobalt said "Well for one, Nvidia is better than AMD :p." Where no past posts showed any signs of tension between the two, and now that I think about it, had not even mentioned brands in the first place.

So please understand, it is not the fact that I am attempting to be "actively hostile", it just seems that I am just more easily "passively annoyed." And if just that prevents me from getting any problems solved then I really should not have even came here in the first place.[/URL]

11. Microline

Microline Your Regular Skype Technician

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Also btw ^_^ AMD has the new feature called Mantle, and it's really helpful in FPS in Battlefield 4. Switch to Mantle and you can have at least 200-300 FPS as shown on YouTube videos. Also I think your card is capable of using Mantle.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice