Which one do I choose?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHILLSTEP, Dec 14, 2014.

1. CHILLSTEP

CHILLSTEP A person who loves green and chillstep.
    Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 3
    Hello everyone. I have something to talk about. I'm having trouble with a situation I am having. I'm trying to figure out if I should apply for mod (When I'm ready for it) or just keep on heavy boxing. Now, Here are some pros and cons about mod (But mostly pros)

MOD PROS:
    1. I can help and support Harpoon Gaming by watching and keeping an eye out on the all trade servers.
    2. I can be a MM (If I have permission from an admin of course) When anyone needs one.

MOD CONS:
    1. I can't gamble (spycrab, or heavy box with bets).

Here are some pros and cons about heavy boxing.

HEAVY BOXING PROS:
    1. I can make profit if I win heavy boxes.
    2. I can get better at heavy boxing.

HEAVY BOXING CONS:
    1. I lose profit if I lose heavy boxes.
    2. People can run from less than a key boxes and will take forever to take the screenshots and report it to the admin, then the admin reports it to steam rep.

So I don't know wich one to pick. If you were me, Which one would you pick?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    I would pick Mod mostly because I don't heavy box anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Heavy Boxing Cons:
    1. It's an addiction, it's gambling and it can lead to irrational behavior.
    2. You can make a lot of enemies.
    3. You can become greedy and profit obsessed.
    4. Money isn't the most important factor.
    I can keep on going, but at the end of the day, if what motivates you is greed, then there isn't a choice, we don't look for that in our staff members.

There is a difference between wanting to be profitable and trying to milk money out of any opportunity.

Also to keep in mind, it's not guaranteed that you get staff if you apply, there's more to it than just that.

4. RunningSpree

RunningSpree Southern Arab Canadian.

Ratings:
    +103 / 10
    There are other ways to make "profit". Like Joe said, heavy boxing might make you greedy.

Pros of being a mod:
    Experience
    vast amount of knowledge
    better friendships with staff

5. CHILLSTEP

Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 3
    Hmmmm..... You guys are right, heavy boxing does make you greedy and it can make you have enemies, and it is kinda addictive. There are other ways to making profit anyways, TONS. But Eoj, I see that harpoon gaming is friendly and amazing! Thanks.

6. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    from being a regular i noticed all you really do is box so you might have an addiction/obsession but if being a mod prevents you from boxing it may be a good option you were one of the more likable regulars despite the fact i hate boxing :p good luck chillstep

7. CHILLSTEP

Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 3
    Thanks, I quit boxing though like a few days ago :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    good for you man i miss the regulars at HG got banned for a stupid reason but now i have a mic so i can respond quicker and working on getting my ban appealed

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice