Declined [All-Trade 1 Server Ban Appeal]: 76561198081232115 (Anub‽)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Anub, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Anub

Anub Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Anub‽

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 1

Why were you banned?
    I guess for being disrespectful. While it's fresh in my mind, I was participating in a mass spycrab and asked if listening to the admin running it was required, as I did not personally find their voice appealing. I expressed this when asked, and while it was a negative thing to say, it was my perception and I was not inherently trying to be rude.

I also later questioned a user as to why their mic was, in my own words, 'shit'. I did this due to the fact that he might not know there's something wrong with his mic, and if I were in his shoes, I would want to know so I could fix it. The user in question commented about how it was broke and he's getting a new one, so I dropped the subject.

During all this, I was constantly being insulted by other players over voice and in chat, to no reaction of the same admins who said I was breaking rules. When questioned about said rules and how I was breaking them, I was banned for a week.

Apr 30, 2022 11:24:10 am -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]gholed anub loves penis??!?! (real)
    Apr 30, 2022 11:24:08 am 204
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Shaquille Oatmeal i was no.5 when i won
    Apr 30, 2022 11:24:05 am 192
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]THE_TEAM_BG we do it again
    Apr 30, 2022 11:24:00 am 457
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]ScottishJJ ayyy
    Apr 30, 2022 11:23:59 am 18
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]⛤gonky⛤ anub u got disconnected for loving penis
    Apr 30, 2022 11:31:26 am 18
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]⛤gonky⛤ anub u suck
    Some samples of things that were said, among others in voice

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I was banned when asking for clarification of rules, I don't really understand how that's the straw that broke the camel's back, but I do not know how I can follow them if I get banned when asking for explanations. Furthermore, if rules are going to be applied, it makes sense and would be fair to apply them evenly and without the bias shown.

If someone took offense to what I said, I will offer you an apology, but to the letter of the rules, I did not do anything worthy of a ban.

2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anub

Anub Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been done

4. Anub

Anub Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    very good and responsive team, thank you harpoon. I'm sure it's fine since you're dealing with your incredibly consistently populated servers though.

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I see why you have been banned from multiple communities. Appeal declined, ban extended to permanent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice