Read Me A reluctant resignation

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Sugoni, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    I feel like this might be a little overdue, but It's time for me to say goodbye.

Harpoon has been such a big part of my life for the last however many years I've been around, and I've grown so much as a person because of this community. That being said, for the past while I've been trying to push to dedicate myself to harpoon more and more, but as time has gone on it's been more and more of a tax on my mental health to be here. I've set myself too many expectations for myself that I know I can't fulfil and as a result of that I've been missing out on keeping myself part of the community.

I took a step back for a while, and I came to realise I was worrying far too much about what I could do to take care of the community, and I was neglecting taking care of myself.

It's a hard decision that I'm making here because I love each and every person in this community, even those that may think I'm not a fan of them, but I've made the decision to resign as a staff member.

So many of you have been such wonderful people to me and been such kind friends, I'm going to miss everybody. I'm not gonna disappear completely, I'll still pop back in from time to time so I can say hi again, but for now, I'll be moving on to the next chapter of my life, and I'm glad you were all part of this one.

I've seen a few people write lists saying one thing or another about all the people that have made harpoon wonderful for them. I'd love to do that, but I'd be sitting here for hours writing because I've met so many lovely people here. Instead, I'll just say that there's those of you who know how special and kind you've been to me over my time here, some since the beginning, some more recently, but all just as wonderful. You'll always be family to me <3

I'll see you around <3

- Sugoni

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Jyn

Jyn Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +34 / 9
    Have a good life

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    Sugoni, you have been one of the best colleagues throughout my time at Harpoon Gaming. We pretty much have been here together from the start lol. Anyways I wish you good luck on your future endeavours and yea, it was an honour working with you. See you around.

4. Krazyclass

Krazyclass Crazy Gamer
    Staff Member Deputy Chief of Staff All-Trade Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Sad to see you go Sugoni, you've been such a good staff member and friend since I joined this team. Thanks for all you've done and for finally fixing the map reload bind. Good luck to you on your crazy adventures.

5. Elohim Yuri

Elohim Yuri Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    A fine & nice Admin have you been Sugoni, as the rest of the community has been & still are. Sad that you're resigning the position, yet people must respect the decision you make. Thank you for all the events & keeping server clean during your time on Harpoon Gaming. Hope you'll be doing fine onward & hope We'll meet again on TF2 or other games (Unless I come with weird name styles).

- Joel

6. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I wish you the best sugoni, you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others.

7. Roxer

Roxer Previously Roxer
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Farewell friend, and good luck in your life!

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice