How long have you been playing TF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helvane, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Helvane

Helvane Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I want to know how long have you guys been playing TF2 for. I've been playing TF2 on steam since 2008 (when I was around six) and I had to buy the game too, but I started playing TF2 in 2007 on the PS3.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    since the beginning of time and space

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    I personally got TF2 on my account when it went F2P back in 2011. However I did occasionally play it at my friends house when the game cost money.

4. Gorrah

Gorrah Notably Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    I started playing in 2013 and started to trade, at this point I was new to steam and learnt that I could make Artwork for these profiles the following years and now got my own service. Unfortunately, I kept switching accounts basically every month but now I just stick with this one. Altogether I would have like 2,000+ hours if I had stayed on the same account. I placed £5 into the Steam and bought 1 Key on the 9th October 2016 so around 3 years I was a F2P.

#4 Gorrah, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. Elohim Yuri

Elohim Yuri Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Started at 2011. Almost at 4.1k hours. 1/3 of it has i been F2P. :>

6. Helvane

Helvane Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Back then, nobody used the word F2P because you actually had to buy the game and everybody was super nice and generous to gibus players. When I had a gibus there were a lot of people that gave me free stuff and were very generous

7. Elohim Yuri

Elohim Yuri Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Hmm... I started playing tf2 somewhere for the first time in autumn with few other friends when we went through steam for free games to try out and im pretty sure TF2 became free somewhere in the summer. Could be wrong but im pretty sure. Also i don't mean F2P is a bad thing or anything. it was alot of fun back then when i didn't care for trading at all and enjoyed playing with friends and strangers. ^^

8. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

⇋AustinHimself⇌ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    I personally started playing in 2014. Like most new players, I ran around as Spy facestabbing everyone as if I was potentially robbing them. Time flew by and I eventually began to main Demo, Pyro, and Medic realizing I wasn't too terrible at it. I remember seeing a player running around with a Misty Skull unusual in a KOTH Valve server and thought to myself, "the fuck is that?" I learned about Unusual's and TF2 trading and got heavily involved and went overboard with it. Now I just play casually, continue to trade unusual's, and involve myself in various in-game communities.

TL: DR 2014 and it's been great.

9. Roxer

Roxer Previously Roxer
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I Started to play since the Though Break update. (i don't really remember the date) It was with my school friends.

10. Canadian Tuurtle

Canadian Tuurtle Activity Level: Poutine Fuelled

Ratings:
    +68 / 3
    Oh man I had to have started playing in 2012/2013, the art style and gameplay kept me coming back day after day. I was a f2p for probably my first 1000 hours before I bought 70$ worth of cosmetics off the Mann co store with a gift card id been given for my birthday..... against the advice of my friend lol. I'm still loving this game even after close to 6000 of in-game time and I'm sure I'll keep playing for years to come!

11. Rasheed

Rasheed Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    55 hours :D

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice