Accepted [All-Trade 3 Server Ban Appeal]: 76561198079404789 (Telly)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Telly, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telly

Telly Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Telly

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    I was banned for being cheeky.

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    Honestly I like the server a lot even though I don't show it, I love playing on it. I think you should grant my appeal because I feel Joe overreacted to what I said to him. I mean fair enough that most of the staff have been looking for a reason to ban me for a long time now and you've finally found one, but this is a stupid reason. I assumed something and Joe, the owner, got unnecessarily angry at my assumption and for a laugh, which I knew was funny, said in response "Don't be bitter, Joe, just get better" and I can understand why it was taken as "disrespecting staff" but like c'mon, it was a joke.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Your ban was permanent because of your history of toxicity, not for one specific comment.

A quick look at your chat history showcases plenty of moments where you've been disrespectful: http://stats.harpoongaming.com/player_histories/chat/97843

You repeatedly disrespect staff members, regulars, and the community as a whole. As I made it clear in my message regarding toxicity (https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/a-message-regarding-toxicity.42725/), we aren't tolerating people who come on our servers to disrespect and annoy others.

Given your history of disrespect, ignoring admins, and comments that make it clear that you do not care whether you're a part of this community, why should your appeal be granted?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Telly

Telly Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a read through the "message regarding toxicity" (as I hadn't seen it prior to this), and how it's based on the staff members judgement. I'm genuinely not angry, I never have been angry on TF2, It's literally just a game It's not worth getting angry about. I act and behave the way I do on TF2 because I can and I am usually a nicer person in real life (not making that my excuse). Take Tikupra for example, that dude is a lot ruder than I am (at times) but I bet he's a great guy in person. I get that this level of ban happened due to the history I have with the community and staff members, and my temp ban for the exact same thing. But this happened a while ago, therefore I should've gotten a warning, a gag & mute, or a kick for being too cheeky in that point in time. I believe my appeal should be granted because even though I come across as toxic and disrespectful, people throughout the community actually do like me and the way I act. I also give players a challenge when it comes to fighting on the server.

4. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You have received warnings before, I've personally given you some. And while some like you, others frequently report you.

You've freely admitted that you come across as toxic and disrespectful, and you ask for us to grant the appeal because some people like that. Regardless of how some people may feel, it is against the rules of this community.

5. Telly

Telly Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll happily admit to being toxic and disrespectful, everyone knows that. But my point is that you have interpreted how I act wrong. You say in the forum post regarding toxicity that it is the staff members job to try to properly interpret if the user who is being toxic is generally toxic, intending to be toxic to offend others, or joking. I am the type of toxic that is jokingly toxic, that doesn't necessarily make it okay but it's just how I am. If you were to personally talk to me and ask me to tone it down, that'd be cool. I'd be down for a slide into the dm's. It's a lot more social than a perma ban. I understand I can go too far at times and I apologise for that.

6. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The issue with that is, I have had a conversation with you in server before and said that you need to work on your toxicity.

The second part is when we talk about 'joking', we're referring to when both people are believing it is a joke. When you're just insulting people and the other individual is not, that's not joking. Your intent may be to joke, but it is not what comes across.

7. Telly

Telly Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My intention isn't for it to come across as serious, I know that people have picked up on it. I'll take personal dm's more serious than an in-game call out. There's a lot of miscommunication with how I act and it wasn't intended.

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Given our conversation and your willingness to work on the issues, I've granted your appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice