The Introduction of a Self-Proclaimed Professional Gamer.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ZaniZ, Oct 27, 2018.

1. ZaniZ

ZaniZ Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    So, before I start this off, I have to say that my English isn't perfect as it is my 3rd language and i'm still learning so if you see bad grammar, you can point it out but don't be a grammar nazi about it ok?

Hello there, I'm ZaniZ (don't ask me how to pronounce it, I have no idea myself.) or Raymond (don't actually use my IRL name as I find it really weird for some reason.) I currently live in Canada.

To be honest. in real life, i'm a pretty socially awkward person, I usually have nothing good to say and just focus on the task at hand. I always had an existential crisis if I didn't have anything good to say when I was in a conversation, if there was an awkward silence after I made a joke, I'd practically piss my shit. this is because when i'm in a conversation, I always choose the best possible thing to say, and if I do think that I said something bad, I would fall into the mindset of "Fuck! that is going to fuck my relationship with (INSERT PERSON NAME) so bad!" even though it did not change the opinion of the other party whatsoever, I keep telling myself that it really doesn't matter but I've never been successful so far in stopping myself from sweating a river when I think I screwed something up. that is why I do so well in school academically but horribly socially.

this does not mean I have no friends irl though, I still have plenty of enough people in our social circle that I wouldn't be considered a social outcast, thats why I call myself normal-ish.

but that changes when I get on the internet. because there is much less pressure when in a conversation with someone on the internet. I have an easier and better time getting along with people. and seeing people actually get along with me instead of just looking at me like white trash really lifts my spirits.

The reason I am here in Harpoon today is because the servers that I played daily on, (Fortress of Gamers/FoG.) is shutting down by the end of the month, and so, when I found out that most of the people I knew and friends were moving to Harpoon, I decided to come here myself. I intend to stay in FoG until the very last second but I still needed to go somewhere when the inevitable happens.

I wanted to try to become an admin when I was in FoG, as most of my friends were admins so I didn't want to fall behind. but that plan ultimately crumbled as the servers were shutting down, so I plan to try for admin here in Harpoon instead.

now, I don't want to look like someone who wants to become an admin just because of the power I would get or some other abusive reason. I genuinely believe that rules needed to be followed and breakers of those rules need to be punished. In FoG, there was a rule that banned spawn-camping, too many times when there wasn't an admin online and spawn-campers ran rampant, ruining the experience of whoever was on the other team. and all I could really do was just watch, I don't like that. I want to actually be able to do something instead of just sitting there and letting people break the rules.

I'll expand on my reasons of wanting to become an admin when the time comes. This is an introduction, not an application after all.

I just realized how long this is getting so I'm going to have to turbo speed this.

I'm asian. I have a shit sleeping schedule. I love spicy food. I have a big brother and a little sister. I have a little rabbit named stomper (she's fucking awesome.) I love drawing but I sure as shit ain't terrific at it. I like glitch music (alan walker, TheFatRat etc etc.) I really like saying "nerd" or "twat" I just don't know why. luck is my mortal enemy and It hates me and bunnies are fucking awesome, if you have a different opinion on that one. fite meh nerd.

I think thats it, I may have forgotten a specific and important detail and be like "FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK!" later but I think'll be ok for now. so see you guys later.

also don't you dare pronounce or write my username as "sans." like some OTHER VERY SPECIFIC PEOPLE. yes, you know who you are and if you dare say my name like that again, I'm going to backhand yer ass or at worse, cancel my commission. >:^(

Twat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. maestro

maestro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Welcome

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    Welcome to HG!

• Congrads Congrads x 1
  4. Elohim Yuri

Elohim Yuri Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Hello and welcome to Harpoon Gaming & Forums!

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I enjoyed reading your introduction. It sounds like you're a great fit for Harpoon. Welcome and hope you enjoy it!

6. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    I feel you
    The amount of people that somehow read my name as surgeon is fucking ridiculous
    Welcome to harpoon!

7. axel

axel yeshaha

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    hi

8. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Welcome

9. Archaon Everchosen

Archaon Everchosen Chaos Marks Us All

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Welcome

10. pie

pie Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Hiiii zaniz sansiz ♥️

11. Sefleo

Sefleo Cool Cat

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Welcome ZaniZ.
    Lions > Bunnies. fite me

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice