The Death Of Harpoon Trading

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by MrKingsalot, Jun 16, 2018.

1. MrKingsalot

MrKingsalot Scarcely Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Dear Harpoon Gaming,
    I've been with Harpoon for over 6 years. I have great memories with the admins, mods, and regulars. In 2014, I join a trading server called Harpoon Gaming All-Trade 2. Everyone was amazing and so friendly to a 13 year old me. I've met so many friends over the years, including people i still play with today!! Over 7 days 07:07:05 hours on All-Trade 2 and about 1 1/2 days on All-Trade 3. I've been mad, happy, sad, and ive even cried a couple of times. I donated over 40K in a unusual that i loved just so i can get perma. Ive spent at least 200K just hosting spycrabs for the servers. Im not trying to make myself sound cool or anything. Im trying to say i care about this server with all my being. I guess the point im getting at is thank you. Thank every single person i now call a friend and all the admins, just everyone. You all mean alot to me. I know Joe isnt really around and neither is the original admins from my time but idc. You've all done such a great job keeping everything up. Just servers die, sadly nothing lives forever no matter how much we try to keep it alive. I love you all, I love this server, and maybe one day it will come back. Until then, this is MrKingsalot AKA Emmingsalad Signing Off. ;););):(:happy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. awoo~

awoo~ Awooooooooo~
    Donator

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thats what they said about tf2 but look at it with a bit of care the tf team were able to turn it around I believe the same is possible here where we can revive the servers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    I hope so but regulars have brought up the problems for quite a long time and they remained undressed, in particular there have been little to no efforts to repopulate All Trade 2 once numbers were in decline. Excuses were made up that this was due to exams, time zones, etc; instead of working on long-term solutions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrKingsalot

Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I agree also thank you awoo fro dealing with my shit XD

5. Lexi

Lexi Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    I don't think the past matters too much for reviving the server. If we want to revive the servers we should decide on the first server to revive, and do our damnedest to populate it when on tf2. If I was the one deciding I'd say we should focus in chronological order but I'd gladly do it in another order but whatever we do we need to be focused and work together.

6. MrKingsalot

Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    i agree lexi we should get the regs and mods together

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    I agree. I have as much compassion for this server as you do and as everyone does. Even though I've only joined in 2017, I've had alot of good and bad moments on this server and it would be a shame to see it die. I will contribute as much as I can and hopefully everyone does the same so we can get the server back up and going. See you in-game! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice